Viranga Ratnaike
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A translation of my given names.
badge
I hope to replace the photo with a drawing of my own.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a custom geekurl on my user page that points to a list of games with a minrating of '8.1'. It doesn't seem to update with new/changed ratings.

I recently gave Love Letter a rating of '8.1'. Clicking the custom geekurl leads to an old list that does not contain Love Letter.

I tried:
* emptying my cache in Chrome;
* using a browser not normally used for BGG;
* using the bgg search
* querying in google with site:boardgamegeek.com

The geekurl text is:
[ geekurl=/collection/user/viranga?rankobjecttype=subtype&rankobjectid=1&columns=title%7Cstatus%7Cversion%7Crating%7Cbggrating%7Cplays%7Ccomment%7Ccommands&minrating=8.1&geekranks=Board+Game+Rank&own=1&ff=1&subtype=boardgame ]I rank few games higher than 8.[/geekurl]
(Please ignore the extra spaces in the [ geekurl open tag ]. I inserted them so that the geekurl wouldn't be processed. This is the processed geekurl.)

How do I create a custom geekurl that will stay up to date?

Am I doing something wrong/suboptimal? (I realise my geekurl is messy.)

Are urls processed against an information repository stored on a different server (or data structure) to my bgg page. (I waited a couple of hours before posting this question. I figured Love Letter might show up on the custom list given enough time.)

Is there a scripting language that can be used within my bgg pages that would access fields in my bgg pages?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Remove &own=1 -- you don't own Love Letter yet. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viranga Ratnaike
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Remove &own=1 -- you don't own Love Letter yet. cool

Well spotted!

It's a game I intend to own. I'm playing Love Letter with proxies until it gets released.

I was unobservant

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Thanksgiving--yes, I know you're not USAn, but some of my Aussie friends have decided to import Thanksgiving as a needed family feast to prepare them for the stresses of the holiday season--maybe more arduous for Sydney-siders. And, goodness knows, Aussies have very much to be thankful for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viranga Ratnaike
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tall_Walt wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving--yes, I know you're not USAn

Quote:
And, goodness knows, Aussies have very much to be thankful for!

Yes we do.

Although I don't celebrate thanksgiving, I thank you for the thanksgiving wishes

Quote:
maybe more arduous for Sydney-siders.

Wasn't sure if this was intended to elicit a question. Why might the stresses of the holiday season be more arduous for Sydney-siders? This is not Sydney-Melbourne rivalry; just curiousity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really trying to elicit anything. Sydney seems a bit more tense than the surrounding areas, but I've just been in Sydney, East over the Blue Mtns, and North up to the Hunter Valley. Sydney traffic is always a dog's breakfast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.