Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the regular rulebook, and I have also repeatedly read the Complete Corrected Rules downloaded from BGG, and this is still not completely clear to me.

Situation (1) - A Stark Kennelmaster unit uses its special ranged attack vs a Lannister Cavalry unit. The Stark player rolls 1 combat die to determine the rank of the attack. The Stark player rolls a "Valor" [fist] result, and this result "cannot be ignored" including units which have the Keywords: Toughness 1 or Cover 1. So, does the Cavalry unit take a hit or not?

Situation (2) - A Stark Kennelmaster unit uses its special ranged attack vs a Lannister Cavalry unit. The Stark player rolls 1 combat die to determine the rank of the attack. The Stark player rolls a "Blue Shield" and will then attack as a Blue Rank ranged unit. Rolling 3 combat dice the Stark player rolls 3 "Valor" [fist] die roll results. Does the Cavalry unit ignore all three since all "Valor" [fist] die roll results from non-Cavalry class units are always ignored by Cavalry units?

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks!...(SFRR) aka Siferr Stark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, cavalry take a hit. Key is in this phrase "On a Valor result, no attack is rolled but the target automatically takes a hit (this result cannot be ignored).". IMO, having in mind words in bold, this case (or moral result*) is more like a triggered ability (Magic: The Gathering seal of approval )than an attack.

2. No, it doesn't take any hit for reasons you've explained already.

* For same reason, Stalwart units can't ignore a flag obtained in this roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Dreske
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree with JC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.