Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, now that the original thread was moved to the Valley Games forum.

For those interested in joining in the Up Front kickstarter campaign I think it would be good to have a forum post in the Up Front forums concerning a legal judgement that has been rendered against Valley Games.

To be clear, the Up Front kickstarter is by Radiant Games, however this company has very close ties to Valley Games. Whether the plaintiff will pierce the corporate veil and try to collect any money collected by Radiant Games has not been made clear (and most like won't be made clear until it actually happens).

In any case, as a kickstarter "investor" it may be wise to look into this issue before "investing" in this project.

This is a long, rambling thread that includes many comments by the plaintiff, Phil Sauer.
Be informed before backing Valley Games on Kickstarter

Here is a statement by Rik of Valley Games assures everyone that Valley Games and Radiant Games are indeed two seperate entites and he does not envision the judgement against Valley games will be an issue for this kickstarter campaign.
Statement by Radiant Gaming on Up Front

update: As noted below there may be other issues with this kickstarter that potential investors (which I am not) may want to research.
The Up Front Kickstarter summary thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
For those interested in joining in the Up Front kickstarter campaign I think it would be good to have a forum post in the Up Front forums concerning a legal judgement that has been rendered against Valley Games.

Thanks, another thread can't hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isn't the "kickstarter...blah blah... summary" thread good enough? Really we don't need a new thread on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:

Hahaha yeah...the problem is that the previous thread got moved to the Valley Games forum...which is might be reasonable thing because it really did became all about VG and had little to do with Up Front (though it was started because of this current kickstarter campaign).

Given the timely nature of the kickstarter campaign I thought it would be best to have a post in this forum pointing in that direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speculation is fun. Anyone know how oil is doing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:
isn't the "kickstarter...blah blah... summary" thread good enough? Really we don't need a new thread on this.

Many of the threads on the first couple pages of this upfront forum is Kickstarter related. If we can have multiple threads on stretch rewards, i think we can handle having one measly thread about potential legal issues with the companies involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
dougadamsau wrote:
aaarg_ink wrote:

Hahaha yeah...the problem is that the previous thread got moved to the Valley Games forum...

Apologies. I subscribe to Up Front "The Game" and lost it a little ... I'm okay now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
Speculation is fun. Anyone know how oil is doing?

Hey stop trying to RSP this thread!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or has this legal ramble with Valley Games threads become like the Busen Memo threads that keep popping up over and over again for no reason?

I decided to support UF because I never got to play the original and ever since I played a mock up version of it I loved it, and to have the opportunity to not only have it reprinted but updated and with more countries as well as other great stuff for it than the original is something I cannot let pass.

I think that it is up to each individual to decide for themselves if they want the game for $125 (to get the good stuff) now or $300+ later on thru ebay and probably not as complete as it is now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcikal wrote:
Is it just me, or has this legal ramble with Valley Games threads become like the Busen Memo threads that keep popping up over and over again for no reason?

Not exactly, I'd say in the "bad game publishers - games" analogy world, Mayday games would be like Busen Memo, Valley Games would be like Eclipse. This VG mess is the new hotness, while Mayday has been at it for a long time.

Quote:
I think that it is up to each individual to decide for themselves if they want the game for $125 (to get the good stuff) now or $300+ later on thru ebay and probably not as complete as it is now.

Perfectly fair, I just think it is better for the individual to make an informed decision, and that part of being informed is having the information available at a convenient location.

Personally I don't have a dog in the fight. I just felt that BGG should have left the original Valley Games thread in the Up Front forums, so when they moved it I thought a single post would be appropriate. For me, this is certainly an xkcd "There's something wrong on the internet" moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thread on this ... really???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here, this is the "...blah blah... summary" thread I was referring to. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/886306/the-up-front-kickstar...

We don't need another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inntrepid wrote:

It's answered above, try reading the thread before posting in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ward wrote:
Inntrepid wrote:

It's answered above, try reading the thread before posting in it.

"I Did Read the Thread" before I posted and I decided to post what I did after reading it ... unless there is some rule I don't know about where you cannot write comments like that if somebody thinks you did not read the previous comments in the thread.

This topic is starting to seep into other things like the "Why is TMG Apologizing To Me" thread. I think that this topic has been beat to death but I guess anybody can post whatever they want. I was just saying do we really need another one?

Have a Great night and a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Inntrepid wrote:
This topic is starting to seep into other things like the "Why is TMG Apologizing To Me" thread.

Ooo! Googled on the name alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
Soldier for Up Front, but is my back to the Volga or the Spree river?
mbmbmbmbmb
Enough already. Weeee get it. What a bunch of clucking hens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please direct any further discussion to the original thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/883914/be-informed-befor...

This thread has been locked to avoid redundant discussion.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.