Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Save or Slay?: A Card Game
You and your friends are slayers of the supernatural, making vampires, werewolves, demons, and zombies quake in their boots. Of course, how do you recognize the monsters when you come across then? Will you choose to shoot and stake first and ask questions later, or try to save the humans inside? And what about your friends? They might look the same, but for all you know, they’re monsters too, and working against you. Save or Slay? is a card game where you have to save the world from getting all apocalypsey. Just make sure you know who (or what) your friends really are.

I wasn't even planning on participating until I saw the "demon" prompt of this month's contest, and an idea bit me so hard that I thought I would make a go at a Draft 0 in 24 hours, at least. The basic idea was "Mafia with demon possession!" and became something much more complex. The players are simultaneously fighting monsters (only not knowing right away if what they're fighting IS a monster) and dealing with the fact that the other players may be monsters themselves. You can probably tell from the character archetypes that this was inspired by things like Supernatural, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Dresden Files.

Rules + Card List: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3081157/SaveorSlay.pdf
Basic version of cards: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3081157/saveorslay_cards.pdf

And a Draft 0 it definitely is. This game is definitely too complicated re: balancing etc. for 24 hours, but I would love some feedback as I do plan to continue working on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you out of time, then? Or do you have any of your 24 hours left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do still have time, I just didn't notice the "complete game" bit until I went to upload. Here, I'll at least try to throw the text of the cards up onto a business card template or something. Let me see what I can do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do it!

I think I've got a card template for Microsoft PowerPoint if that helps. I can email it to you. But business cards would probably work just as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tada Very basic, but (in theory) functional!

Thanks for the nudge before my time ran out. Which it will have by the time I wake up in the morning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, cool. That Damage Viewer is really clever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would not believe how long it took me to think of that. It works though! I tried it with index cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.