Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Hinerman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Writing a paper for a class - I need a photo of all the civilization cards for the game. If anyone could get me that I'd forever be in your debt. Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand how it would help write a paper for a class? Not really my business but i'm curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As a teacher who has read many student papers, I can say with virtual certainty that you do not want a photo of every single civ card. Unless you have a specific reason, it will be much better to show a few representative images. Even if you need to talk about all of the cards (say, to analyze probabilities), a simple list would be best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hinerman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I'm a game design student, I'm saving on my word count by including a picture of all the cards instead of breaking down what each of them does in text, I can write a key up and it's done.

2. We have to show all the probabilities, components, mechanics, etc. for Stone Age, Puerto Rico, Bohnanza and Settlers of Catan - in roughly 2200 words. If you can find a better way of getting all that info in without pictures/tables, let me know ;-) Although this is the last paper of this class/semester. Currently, I'm running onto 12 pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that seems like quite a bit to get into that many words. That sounds like a very daunting task. (Of course, I hate writing papers so I might be biased on that opinion. laugh )

The rules over on Yucata have pictures of them all:
http://www.yucata.de/en/Rules/StoneAge

The pictures of course belong to the game, but that nice table was done by Yucata (I assume). If you're only using the pictures, and for a paper, I guess I see no reason you'd need permission to do screenshots of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hinerman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liallan,

Thanks a ton. I got that slapped in and uploaded with 40 minutes to spare. Lifesaver.

Yeah, it is daunting, but so is the school ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jes m
United States
tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HeinzMcDurgen wrote:

2. We have to show all the probabilities, components, mechanics, etc. for Stone Age, Puerto Rico, Bohnanza and Settlers of Catan - in roughly 2200 words. If you can find a better way of getting all that info in without pictures/tables, let me know ;-) Although this is the last paper of this class/semester. Currently, I'm running onto 12 pages.

Huh. I'd kinda like to read that actually. But only if there are pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.