Recommend
46 
 Thumb up
 Hide
72 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/26) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Use promo code: BF2012 during checkout between 11/21 - 11/26, to receive 10% off everything on the site.

Thats right - the sale started already. Let the Shopping begin.

FYI - the maximum discount that you can get on your order is 10% off, regardless of your reward level.

31 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M Duran
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
ever this day be at my side, to light and to guard, to rule and guide.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
ok just snagged

1. Legendary
2. Escape
3. Tzolkin




just to avoid inventory issues
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
jmduran wrote:
ok just snagged

1. Legendary
2. Escape
3. Tzolkin

just avoid inventory issues
Looking forward to playing Legendary, Manny.

I ordered:

1. Vanuatu
2. Mice and Mystics
3. Myrmes
4. Goblins, Inc.
5. Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar
6. Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition
7. Suburbia
8. Archipelago
9. Ginkgopolis
10. Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion Expansion

Unfortunately, I placed my order earlier in the day. Hopefully, I'll catch a break and they'll let me cancel my order so I can use the coupon code.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M Duran
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
ever this day be at my side, to light and to guard, to rule and guide.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
Hi Jay!

Cool, now I don't have to buy Myrmes or Archipelago

Now I'm just waiting for Terra Mystica and Tokaido to come out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Deichler
United States
Rohnert Park
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
whew, at least it's not some insane deal! Now I don't have to worry about spending all my money,

lots of love to CSI!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Lacson
United States
Alamogordo
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
jmduran wrote:
Hi Jay!

Cool, now I don't have to buy Myrmes or Archipelago

Now I'm just waiting for Terra Mystica and Tokaido to come out.
I'm planning on getting those too if you want to try before you buy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jane doe
Australia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
Oh damn I have a preorder sitting with them.
10% could of allowed me to get another game .... but then again it would have added postage.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M Duran
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
ever this day be at my side, to light and to guard, to rule and guide.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
Jay, I appreciate it, I got to play most of those at BGG. I didn't get to play Terra Mystica but I saw it played and have been watching videos here. Right up my alley. Plus it had the number one spot at Essen.

But yes USUALLY my policy is try before I buy, but the games his year at Essen/BGG were awesome. The game play was fantastic, and I was talking with Darrell about the stepped component quality and general "prettiness" of these years games. I bought CO2 and he bought the Palaces of Carrara and Archipelago at BGG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
Stacks with their sale prices, so Survive for $18 is pretty sweet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
pptkrreg wrote:
whew, at least it's not some insane deal! Now I don't have to worry about spending all my money,
The problem is without any "insane deals" then I have no reason to go to CSI and spend any money. I mean seriously, if most people got a lousy 10% off coupon via email from any other online retailer, they would delete the email and simply get on with their day. First Miniature Market and now CSI... they're sucking the fun outta waiting for Black Friday deals!

In my day, you had to sit at the damn computer at 12:01AM and keep hitting refresh for three hours because the damn website would break down if you actually tried to order anything! How dare they ruin that for me! I DEMAND DEEP DISCOUNTS AND BROKEN WEBSITES!!!!



17 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago S
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
fightcitymayor wrote:
pptkrreg wrote:
whew, at least it's not some insane deal! Now I don't have to worry about spending all my money,
The problem is without any "insane deals" then I have no reason to go to CSI and spend any money. I mean seriously, if most people got a lousy 10% off coupon via email from any other online retailer, they would delete the email and simply get on with their day. First Miniature Market and now CSI... they're sucking the fun outta waiting for Black Friday deals!

In my day, you had to sit at the damn computer at 12:01AM and keep hitting refresh for three hours because the damn website would break down if you actually tried to order anything! How dare they ruin that for me! I DEMAND DEEP DISCOUNTS AND BROKEN WEBSITES!!!!





Thats right, and I think CSI, are lazy lol beacuse they wait to see tha one store placed 8%, so they placed 10%, if that progretion continues maybe funagain will make 12 % lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Turkiewicz
Germany
Losheim am See
Saarland
flag msg tools
badge
Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
just used the 10% to get my SS target something extra.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
Quote:
if that progretion continues maybe funagain will make 12 % lol


Awesome! Then their prices will be right in line with the normal discounts at other online stores!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
jacevy wrote:
Oh damn I have a preorder sitting with them.
10% could of allowed me to get another game .... but then again it would have added postage.


E-mail them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
I've never ordered from coolstuffinc before. I usually order from miniaturemarket, but I have a slight problem.

I'm a nurse and I work tonight during the time I would need to place my order with miniaturemarket.com

It really wasn't as convenient for me and it wasn't any cheaper even including the reward points.

So I picked up in one order

Archipelago
Merchant of Venus (my wife will dig this)

In another order

Legends of Andor
LOTR lcg Hobbit on the Doorstep
LOTR lcg Knights of Numenor
Race for the Galaxy Alien Artifacts
Mage Knight the lost legion
Ginkgopolis (wife said it looked good)

If coolstuffinc had listed:
Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island
Innovation: Figures in the Sand
LOTR druaden forest
Suburbia

Then I would have ordered them. Miniaturemarket does list those. Too far off?

Thank you Coolstuffinc for putting my mind at rest tonight while I work.

At Boardsandbits I got

Tzolkin: the Mayan Gears on the Board
Uruk: A story of civilization (seriously I finally found this?!?)
Trajan
Antike Duellem

I'm now only looking for the 4 listed above. Wonder if I'll have any luck.

The Castles of Burgundy is the best game out of the 60 I've played imo of course.

A happy Thanksgiving and a merry Christmas indeed. Cheers!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
this is duplicate thread, original thread and more info at

CoolStuffInc is gearing up for Black Friday, 2012

most importantly 10% does not stack w/customer rewards so for some of us it's less than 10% who would otherwise already be getting an auto discount
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
Isn't Miniature Market Discount 12% (True it is 8% but with additional 4X points totals to 12%). CSI even though is 10% it doesn't stack it with the existing reward percent..for example if some one is in rewards level 9..they anyways get 5% OFF so...effectively CSI sale turns out to be 5% for those folks.





geosan wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
pptkrreg wrote:
whew, at least it's not some insane deal! Now I don't have to worry about spending all my money,
The problem is without any "insane deals" then I have no reason to go to CSI and spend any money. I mean seriously, if most people got a lousy 10% off coupon via email from any other online retailer, they would delete the email and simply get on with their day. First Miniature Market and now CSI... they're sucking the fun outta waiting for Black Friday deals!

In my day, you had to sit at the damn computer at 12:01AM and keep hitting refresh for three hours because the damn website would break down if you actually tried to order anything! How dare they ruin that for me! I DEMAND DEEP DISCOUNTS AND BROKEN WEBSITES!!!!





Thats right, and I think CSI, are lazy lol beacuse they wait to see tha one store placed 8%, so they placed 10%, if that progretion continues maybe funagain will make 12 % lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
Sure - but if I order through CSI I get the order done now, I don't have to wait until midnight and hopefully get what I want, and I get my things delivered FedEx, which for me, is huge.

Not saying MM isn't a quality outfit - I have ordered from them in the past and have nothing but positive remarks, it is just that CSI (and B&B) have both earned the vast majority of my gaming budget due to repeated awesomeness (and using FedEx for delivery, which as I said, is huge to me)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
fightcitymayor wrote:
pptkrreg wrote:
whew, at least it's not some insane deal! Now I don't have to worry about spending all my money,
The problem is without any "insane deals" then I have no reason to go to CSI and spend any money.


Yeah, so far I haven't seen anything that would cause me to go into Immediate Purchase Mode.

With the exception of Fantasy Flight's massive discount on Horus Heresy (2010) (priced at a quarter of MSRP), most every Black Friday "deal" online from the major OLGSs and publishers has been disappointing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hughey
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
Bought:
Mage Knight: The Lost Legion
Galaxy Trucker: Anniversary Edition

ALL PRAISE VLAADA!!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)


The 4x points you earn are for future orders. So for now, its 8 percent discount, with the 4 percent for a future order.

Jorune



bharath wrote:
Isn't Miniature Market Discount 12% (True it is 8% but with additional 4X points totals to 12%). CSI even though is 10% it doesn't stack it with the existing reward percent..for example if some one is in rewards level 9..they anyways get 5% OFF so...effectively CSI sale turns out to be 5% for those folks.



geosan wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
pptkrreg wrote:
whew, at least it's not some insane deal! Now I don't have to worry about spending all my money,
The problem is without any "insane deals" then I have no reason to go to CSI and spend any money. I mean seriously, if most people got a lousy 10% off coupon via email from any other online retailer, they would delete the email and simply get on with their day. First Miniature Market and now CSI... they're sucking the fun outta waiting for Black Friday deals!

In my day, you had to sit at the damn computer at 12:01AM and keep hitting refresh for three hours because the damn website would break down if you actually tried to order anything! How dare they ruin that for me! I DEMAND DEEP DISCOUNTS AND BROKEN WEBSITES!!!!





Thats right, and I think CSI, are lazy lol beacuse they wait to see tha one store placed 8%, so they placed 10%, if that progretion continues maybe funagain will make 12 % lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
True..but if you have $200 order, you can split these into 2 $100 orders and use the 4X from first on 2nd:-).

Jorune wrote:


The 4x points you earn are for future orders. So for now, its 8 percent discount, with the 4 percent for a future order.

Jorune



bharath wrote:
Isn't Miniature Market Discount 12% (True it is 8% but with additional 4X points totals to 12%). CSI even though is 10% it doesn't stack it with the existing reward percent..for example if some one is in rewards level 9..they anyways get 5% OFF so...effectively CSI sale turns out to be 5% for those folks.



geosan wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
pptkrreg wrote:
whew, at least it's not some insane deal! Now I don't have to worry about spending all my money,
The problem is without any "insane deals" then I have no reason to go to CSI and spend any money. I mean seriously, if most people got a lousy 10% off coupon via email from any other online retailer, they would delete the email and simply get on with their day. First Miniature Market and now CSI... they're sucking the fun outta waiting for Black Friday deals!

In my day, you had to sit at the damn computer at 12:01AM and keep hitting refresh for three hours because the damn website would break down if you actually tried to order anything! How dare they ruin that for me! I DEMAND DEEP DISCOUNTS AND BROKEN WEBSITES!!!!





Thats right, and I think CSI, are lazy lol beacuse they wait to see tha one store placed 8%, so they placed 10%, if that progretion continues maybe funagain will make 12 % lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Birzer
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
So, is there a way to get the 10% off for Secret Santas? Another 5% off could make things a little easier on me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
Jorune wrote:


The 4x points you earn are for future orders. So for now, its 8 percent discount, with the 4 percent for a future order.

Jorune


plus the 4% is only a 1 time deal. once it used, its gone.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flood
United States
Richmond
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc.com - Black Friday Sale (11/21 - 11/25)
I just noticed that they have Leonardo da Vinci for just $9.99. Awesome deal!

Oh, and Dominion: Intrigue should have a separate entry, but Puerto Rico: 10th Anniversary Edition shouldn't, and I recommend The Castles of Burgundy as the best 2-player game, game with your SO, "step up from _____" game, "game that allows me to ______ but doesn't have _____," and most awesome game of the year for your dog.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.