Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Up Front» Forums » Rules

Subject: Yet another rule I have wrong? ...to be discarded unused or used as a RPC/RPN rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I swear one of these days I'll have em all right....

Ok you know those scenarios that tell you to remove a certain number of terrain cards? Do you have to remove all of them that the scenario calls for before you may use any of them for terrain? That's how I've been playing it and now I think I have it wrong.

If I read the special conditions closer it seems to say if you aren't going to use the Wood card, for example, or it comes up during a RPC/RPN draw then you must remove it from the game. Otherwise, go ahead and use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roar Stensrud
Norway
Tolvsroed
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

Ok you know those scenarios that tell you to remove a certain number of terrain cards? Do you have to remove all of them that the scenario calls for before you may use any of them for terrain? That's how I've been playing it and now I think I have it wrong.

If I read the special conditions closer it seems to say if you aren't going to use the Wood card, for example, or it comes up during a RPC/RPN draw then you must remove it from the game. Otherwise, go ahead and use it.

Sounds like you've been playing it right. Let's take scenario A. If you have a building on your hand, you cannot use it until five buildings have been removed from the game when coming up as RNC/RPC draw and/or being discarded by your opponent. So, until the fifth building has been removed, both players will have to show their discard if it's a building. You are of course free to keep the building in your hand until five buildings have been removed, but you cannot play it until then.

R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
As I posted in this thread, back in May when the same question came up...

Rule 16.1, page 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roar Stensrud
Norway
Tolvsroed
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
badinfo wrote:
As I posted in this thread, back in May when the same question came up...

Rule 16.1, page 10.

Thanks, Bob.

As I see it, this rule and the following example couldn't be more clear.

R.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

Ok you know those scenarios that tell you to remove a certain number of terrain cards?

Like, almost all of them.

Quote:
Do you have to remove all of them that the scenario calls for before you may use any of them for terrain? That's how I've been playing it and now I think I have it wrong.

No, not technically. You have to remove those terrain that are discarded (No, you can't choose discard them face down--though it does accidentally happen) or revealed as RPC/RNC draw. However, Terrain cards that are played as Open Ground do not get removed from play and go straight to the discard pile.

But, yes, you cannot play the terrain cards specified in the scenario until the required number have been removed.

Quote:

You can use it as Open Ground, but not as a Woods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roar Stensrud
Norway
Tolvsroed
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

Don't worry! I've been playing this game since the early/mid 90's. I still make mistakes, forget details or discover that I have played things wrong. Usually not like dead wrong, but the devil's in the details...

R.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing a guy over Vassal a couple of days ago and he'd been playing it the other way. I try not to assume I have the rules right so that's why I ask here. Sorry for the double thread on this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
No worries, it bears repeating

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.