Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawn - Rise of the Occulites will see the light of day on Kickstarter, early in 2013

After many years of hard work crafting and developing the Rise of the Occulites setting, the first game in the Rise of the Occulites Saga, "Dawn - Rise of the Occulites" will launch with Eagle Games on Kickstarter in January 2013.

The game sees you in control of a Tribe of Occulites, fighting for survival throughout a series of scenarios that can be played as one offs or as a full blown campaign.

Play simple pickup games with the introductory rules, or watch your Tribe advance and evolve over the course of a Sungem Season, whilst gaining Learned Abilities through your actions on the board.
Dawn - Rise of the Occulites uses a mechanic called the "Natural Selection Deck" that determines how you move, fight and resolve situations within the game. The way you manage this deck will reflect how well your Tribe does in any given scenario.

With figures sculpted by the brilliant Bob Olley and components produced by Eagle Games, the quality of Dawn - Rise of the Occulites will be excellent.

Immerse yourself in a unique story and setting that tells of the Occulites discovery and the evolving history of the them and their lands.

So with 2013 only a short time away, now is the time to prepare for Dawn - Rise of the Occulites.

We hope you'll spread the word and pledge towards the game, as this is one discovery you won't want to miss!

Cheers,
Ben Boersma and the Eagle Games Team.

For more information on Dawn - Rise of the Occulites, you can visit:
The Rise of the Occulites Blog: www.riseoftheocculites.wordpress.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Darwin-Games/199925236725742
Board Game Geek Game Page: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/90274/dawn-rise-of-th...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Dawn - Rise of the Occulites on Kickstarter January 2013!
Having followed the evolving history of the game for a couple of years now, I'm very happy to say CONGRATULATIONS MATE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Öberg
Sweden
flag msg tools
Awesome! Finally this game seems to get the attention it deserves, im really looking forward to play this game.

Are you going to implement rules for both the boardgamestyle (with hexagons-board) and the one which is more like a freestyle-game where you can use a measuringstick and have your own landscape?

Both playstyles seem equaly fun, but different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck! Like many others, I've been watching the development of your game for a while now. I'm glad you are ready to offer it to the gaming community for support and production!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, I appreciate the support! goo

As far as playing it freeform without hexes, just replace the spaces with inches and for 95% of things you are good to go. The slight changes required at the moment is limited to Nymphlet movement and perhaps Podmothine movement, but these are easily addressed.

So, yes it is easy to play without the actual boards. But it is certainly easier and more accessible to play with them (and I put in a lot of time and effort to illustrate them! Lol)

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you happen to have a date or projected month for the kickstarter launch? I'm ready to give you my $$$!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have an exact date sorry no, we are trying to finalise things before we launch the Kickstarter. As soon as we have one though, we will spread the word.

I am hoping before the end of Feb, but I can't guarantee that at the moment.
Thanks for the enthusiasm though Starla! It's fantastic. meeple

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
any updates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the interest Matt! We have been greatly enjoying Fleet recently, especially with the promos.

I hope to announce more about Dawn - Rise of the Occulite's release very soon. But we are close now.

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The time has come!

Dawn: Rise of the Occulites will launch on Kickstarter this Wednesday 19th June at 9pm US EST

Please spread the word about the game's launch, we are really proud of what we have been able to achieve and are excited to share it with the world.

I have posted an announcement in the News section of the forum. So if you have any questions please ask away!

Cheers,
Ben.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.