Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, this game is just plain fun. It's also my current go to for solo play. I played 3 solo games tonight and won 2 out of 3. I have a couple of questions, though.

Hulk has an ability that adds attack power if you have a strength hero already played. If I have 2 strength heroes in play, does the next Hulk give me 2 additional power? In other words, if I had 3 in total, would I get 5 attack power or 6 attack power? Stated yet another way, can an ability be done multiple times for each prerequisite you have played so far?

Thor's rare card states that 's can be used for attack. Can the 's ALSO still be used for recruitment, or is it an either/or situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played the game, nor read the rules. Reading posts here, and looking at the 'How To Play Videos' they seem to cover this question, in that a card can only be super powered once, but there is nothing to stop you from playing additional cards with the same superpower.

-Munch "so short answer, No" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Julius
United States
Spicer
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Munchwolf had it right on the cards, they can only use their power once. For Thor's card, you can use 's as Money or Attack, but once its used, you can't reuse it for the other.

An example would be after you use his five 's to attack, you couldn't use those same 's to purchase as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only trigger it once, so with 3 Hulks you'd have 5 power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook, page 12, under the heading Superpower Ability:
"You can only use a card’s Superpower once, even if you played two or more cards of the required hero class earlier in the turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. That's how I played them, just wanted confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if this is the same question, but can a card's class icon be used more than once in the same turn?

On page 12, if we continue the Thor example and played a third Odinson card do you get to reuse the green icons on the first two cards and pick up an additional 6 stars (12 total)? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you only use each hero's ability once. With the way Odinson is worded, he gets +2 Recruit if you've played a STR Hero previously, +2 max even if you've played 5 STR Heroes. Some heroes give +1 per certain hero played (Uncommon Iron Man is 3 Attack +1 for each other Tech you've played). So 3 Odinsons would add up to 10 Recrtuit

#1 Odinson: 2 Recruit
#2 Odinson: 2 Recruit + 2 for STR hero earlier
#3 Odinson: 2 Recruit + 2 for STR hero earlier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the question was whether a given symbol could be used more than once, rather than the other way around. So, for example:
Any tech card
Endless Invention
Endless Invention
then Ironman's uncommon (blanking on the name; +1 Attack per Tech symbol played)
Would the last have an additional +1 Attack (for the unspent Tech symbol) or +3 (for each Tech symbol available). I believe the correct answer is going to be +3.
Unlike Attack and Recruit, the Hero classes are Flags rather than Variables - which is to say, they've either been played or they haven't. If one or more has been played, you get the effect. You don't spend (for example) Ranged symbols to activate the Ranged power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Symbols aren't spent, they are either there or they aren't. If present, you get the bonus for all Tech you have (in the Iron Man case), whether you've used the Endless Invention IMs or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.