Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a longtime fan of the HOMM series, I was curious about the card and tile game, but never got into it due to not wanting another collectible game.

So, when a guy at the BGG flea market informed me that a box of Heroes IV items was "a complete set" for the game, and should have everything I needed but the rules, I figured why not pick it up - it was pretty cheap.

He also seems to have been misinformed. As far as I can tell, it is, in fact, 24 boosters. One opened, the rest sealed. No tiles (unless they hide among the cards). No rules - though I found those online.

Any ideas on how I can use this to play the game? Do I just need the tiles? Can anyone send me scans of some of them? Is there a way I could improvise the tiles? Are there other starter set items that I'll be missing?

Thanks for any info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'll be missing just too much without a starter box with tiles. The tiles are complex hexa-morphs that fit together in certain ways, and I believe there are many essential cards that may or may not show up in boosters.

I am in possesion of two starters, but I've been looking for boosters if they are cheap enough. I'm not saying I'd sell a starter, because it depends on if I could replace enough from other sources, which are scarce indeed.

There's still quite a few boosters for the Stormwinds expansion but I've not seen starters for that series.

Anyway, I'm not proposing anything to you, just letting you know what I've got to see if you have ideas, and what your specific requests might be based on that info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.