Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the piloting cards in the game a bit unhelpful, as rather than saying the race in large letters somewhere it just has the race number. But that's by the by.

What I'd like to know is where in the rules does it say how many dice the different levels of pilot can assign to throttle and navigation?

I've seen people say that a Level 2 pilot can assign both throttle and navigation in the same turn (so presumably a Level 3 pilot can too?). But where does it say that in the rules? I can't find it in the upgrading pilot section? And it doesnt seem to say that on the card either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadu
Brazil
São Gonçalo
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
badge
Spectreman fan!
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 10, "Assigning Dice" section, says:

"The number of dice a player can assign is equal to that of
his pilot’s level (see “Pilot Card Anatomy” on page 26).
For example, a player with a level 1 pilot can assign one die
and a player with a level 3 pilot can assign three dice every
Movement phase."

So, due the max pilot level is 3 you will can assign 3 dice if you have suitable spots in your ship to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that! Was confused as to why I couldn't find it on the pilot anatomy page.

What could you assign the third dice to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadu
Brazil
São Gonçalo
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
badge
Spectreman fan!
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:

There's some racial technologies, classified "Upgrade Technologies", that request a player to assign a die to use his ability. When you purchase such technology you put the token on right side of your ship aligning with one of 3 spots that your ship has, from top to bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deignan
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:
Thanks for that! Was confused as to why I couldn't find it on the pilot anatomy page.

Just as an example:

One to the throttle
One to navigation
One to variable laser or market shift on the right side of your ship board, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
malibu_babe_28 wrote:

There are also several reward cards that act as abilities you can use if you "assign" a die to it for that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beleive me, a ship that has lots of ugrades can equal you having to decide which of your many systems/cards/upgrades you want to assign your dice to.

At first, it's pretty much just 2 choices only: "Nav or Throttle".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Shortt
Australia
Narre Warren South
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:

There are also several reward cards that act as abilities you can use if you "assign" a die to it for that turn.

I interpret the "assign dice" to reward cards differently to "assign dice" to your dashboard. It was my understanding that these reward cards are not related to the player dashboard (as would be ship upgrades, throttle etc).

As a consequence, is it correct then to use these reward abilities in addition to the Pilot Level (number of dice you can assign) restriction?

Example: Level One pilot, assign a dice to throttle AND assign dice to Power Link (Reward) card.

Thoughts? Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liege Lord wrote:

Interesting question. After reviewing the rules, the assigning dice section & rewards section make no mention of each other (not a big surprise for an FFG rulebook). The Assigning dice section mentions the dashboard & upgrades, but not rewards.

I think by the spirit of the rules, I would say you are not interpreting it correctly, in that I think assigning dice was meant to cover all types of assignments.

By the letter of the rules, you win the argument. I would house rule it one way or the other and call it a day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Liege Lord wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:

I interpret the "assign dice" to reward cards differently to "assign dice" to your dashboard. It was my understanding that these reward cards are not related to the player dashboard (as would be ship upgrades, throttle etc).

As a consequence, is it correct then to use these reward abilities in addition to the Pilot Level (number of dice you can assign) restriction?

Example: Level One pilot, assign a dice to throttle AND assign dice to Power Link (Reward) card.

I would say no; I would treat Rewards just like Upgrades in that respect (except that they don't take a slot on your sheet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.