Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game – The Hobbit: On the Doorstep» Forums » News

Subject: Delayed till Q1 2013 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this a few days ago on the FFG Upcoming page. It had been updated to "Expected by: Q1 2013 "

I would have posted here sooner ... but I hate being the bringer of bad news. You don't get many tips or thumbs. It's a miserable life.
Still at least there's Christmas to look forward to. I was hoping to get On The Doorstep. Damn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Bezeau
Canada
Hanover
Ontario
flag msg tools
Support your local Brick & Mortar Game Store.
badge
Straw Hat Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
That sucks but I believe in thumbing the messenger rather than shooting ... far less mess and clean-up involved that way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother Leon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 GG for this thinking it was a Geek Badge...
mb
i actually don't mind. Haven't finished the last one yet+ heirs of numenor is out soon 9and then the six adventures) and i've just got Gears of War today...

So many games, too little time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This and the fact that the new X-Wing ships have been delayed until February could be a blessing in disguise for the old pre-Xmas wallet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we're going to stick to playing Talisman: The City over the Christmas period. Ah. Damn again.

Just between us guys ... how well do you thing the Hobbit expansion and a Millenium Falcon with a few A-Wing fillers will go down as a Valentines gift for the girlfriend? Too old-fashioned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the Hobbit Sagas suppose to be a standalone games or can the cards be mixed in with other decks for use in other adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You still need a copy of the core set for tokens and threat dials etc.

There isn't enough player cards in the Hobbit expansions to play full decks really so another reason to have other expansions.

The player cards from the Hobbit expansions can also be used in player decks to use in other quests (except the Baggins sphere cards and the treasures).

However, the quests are stand alone, you do not need any other encounter cards from other expansions to play these quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaargh! This is bad news. My entire coolstufinc order (placed yesterday) will not ship till this is in. I also have the Mage Knight - Lost Legion expansion on the same order and was really hoping to have it over the holidays. Oh well, cest la ve!

note: I wonder if collstuffinc will let me remove an item or split the order. I'm off to check. Of course this assumes MK-LL comes out on time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:
Are the Hobbit Sagas suppose to be a standalone games or can the cards be mixed in with other decks for use in other adventures.

They are not standalone games, they require at least the core set to play.

EDIT: Woops, didn't see someone above had already responded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Reynolds
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigeeh wrote:
Aaargh! This is bad news. My entire coolstufinc order (placed yesterday) will not ship till this is in. I also have the Mage Knight - Lost Legion expansion on the same order and was really hoping to have it over the holidays. Oh well, cest la ve!

note: I wonder if collstuffinc will let me remove an item or split the order. I'm off to check. Of course this assumes MK-LL comes out on time

They will. I've done it before when an item was delayed. Just send their customer service account an email, or give them a call, and they'll take care of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew b
United States
Abbeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
BLAH! im in the same boat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.