Subject: Critical Hit card Action text rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier Harduin
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit confused about the Action text on those cards.
For example this one:

When do you resolve the action? Right now or after you reduced the weapon value?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Franolic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After movement you decide which action you will take, in this case you can take an action written on the card and if you succeed you can turn the card over and count it as a normal hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Harduin
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense.
I didn't figure that one all bt myself, shame on me. blush

Thanks for the answer.
Nice gane by the way

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Gonzalez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
So its one or the other? I thought you would (in this example) you would reduce your weapon value by one and then after every coming action round (after you move the ship) the person tries to roll a hit or a critical hit, if he rolls neither the weapon value continues the same as stated earlier till the end of the round. Then during every coming action stage he continues to try to roll a hit or critical hit till the card is flipped over or he is destroyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Marvinm wrote:
So its one or the other? I thought you would (in this example) you would reduce your weapon value by one and then after every coming action round (after you move the ship) the person tries to roll a hit or a critical hit, if he rolls neither the weapon value continues the same as stated earlier till the end of the round. Then during every coming action stage he continues to try to roll a hit or critical hit till the card is flipped over or he is destroyed.

Umm, yes. That's how it would work, assuming that each round you chose to spend your action on trying to fix the guns. Of course, you may decide there's something you need to do more urgently - I had a ship fly around with this on it for four or five turns because I deemed Evade to be a more vital Action to take.

Or are you suggesting that you would get to roll for flipping the card AND take a normal action? In that case, no, you have to chose. It doesn't say Action Phase, it says Action in exactly the same way every other card that gives you a new option for your one Action a turn does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.