Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Bloom
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice that some of the German HQ's have a flip side. Some of the flip sides correspond to the German OB Chart while some do not seem to be mentioned anywhere? Question, if an HQ such as PGW gets eliminated in combat, then is it still replaced by 5P in accordance with the German OB Chart? What about an HQ such as Army Group G? It has a flip side but is not addressed anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

From memory, if they take a step loss, they can be flipped, but if they are eliminated, then both sides are gone for good. The HQs that don't get flipped in accordance with the OB only use their flipside as a result of step loss (making them very useful in a stack that suffers an EX or E2 result, for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Popejoy
United States
Potomac Falls
Virginia
flag msg tools
GWX Dev Team
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bannockburn wrote:
I notice that some of the German HQ's have a flip side. Some of the flip sides correspond to the German OB Chart while some do not seem to be mentioned anywhere? Question, if an HQ such as PGW gets eliminated in combat, then is it still replaced by 5P in accordance with the German OB Chart? What about an HQ such as Army Group G? It has a flip side but is not addressed anywhere.

Hi!

From the Second Edition rules:

13.2 Most German HQ units have two sides. Some of these are inverted according to the OB chart. Others are inverted only if the original side takes a step loss. If the original side is lost before a scheduled inversion on the OB Chart, the scheduled inversion is ignored.

To answer your questions:

If an HQ such as PGW gets eliminated in combat, then is it still replaced by 5P in accordance with the German OB Chart?
No.

What about an HQ such as Army Group G? It has a flip side but is not addressed anywhere.
It flips when Army Group G HQ takes a combat step loss.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Bloom
Canada
Halifax
NS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Eliason
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mb
I prefer the 1st edition rule on what happens to face up HQs that take a loss. Instead of inverting in place, they are removed from the board and enter (flipped) as reinforcements next turn. And in both editions flipped HQs that take a loss are eliminated and may not be replaced.

The Allies have lots of HQs and really shouldn't be losing many, but I prefer the optional rule that an eliminated Allied HQ is removed from the board but enters next turn flipped as a reinforcement as a generic 1-3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.