Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I'm thinking there are a lot of Chrome users here, so a question:

Has anyone had issues lately with Google Chome?

I've noticed in the last couple weeks that features on Amazon don't work anymore - like the Look Inside a book feature, and the Save for Later link in my Amazon shopping cart.

And I just noticed I can't click the thumbs up buttons on BGG. I click on the button but nothing happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using Chrome right now (have done so for the past 2-3 years) and I was able to thumb both the thread and your post. I haven't tried anything with Amazon, but I've been tooling around the 'net all morning and haven't had any problem.

I do have a complaint that I can't seem to get an answer to: When Google did an update to Chrome several weeks ago, the vertical spacing between the folders in my bookmark "panel" increased, so now I have to do more scrolling to get to the folders I want. There's a setting for "Compact" that takes out extra space between emails, but that only works in the mailbox. I'd love to find the same thing for the bookmarks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
The only issue I've had lately is that on my work computer, going to certain web pages in Chrome causes the browser window to go completely black. If I go to the same page in Firefox, it works fine. It looks like it's related to some video driver on the machine, but haven't been able to get it to work.

Fortunately, it's not very many web pages that do that, and I haven't seen the same behavior on my laptop or home desktop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use chrome on three computers, no problems here.

Check your extensions to make sure nothing is causing problems.

Also, make sure you have not re-sized the screen (hit control+0 to reset to default) I had some problems with that a while back, Flash and some HTML5 stuff acts strangely when not in default size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I had some really, really weird problems with Chrome losing functionality and also throwing other images up instead of smilies here on BGG. All I had to do was manually clear my cache.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies.

I tried Ctrl+0 and clearing my cache, but still have the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Did you try:

Wrench, tools, clear browsing data, obliterate since the beginning of time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
It's working now

I deleted all my Chrome extensions (plug-ins) and it solved the problem. I suspect the popup blocker but I haven't verified that.

Thanks for all your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.