Subject: Special Tile: Sub-Colony rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Duchateau
Belgium
Beverlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing a special tile you receive point printed on them: 2 points for the 3-hex ones and 4 points for the 4-hex ones.
Last play I noticed the 2 points leaf on the special tile Sub-Colony. However I could not find any info about when and how this is rewarded. Could you please explain this to me or point me where this is noted in the rules?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoann Levet
France
La Cote Saint Andre
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joykiller wrote:
When playing a special tile you receive point printed on them: 2 points for the 3-hex ones and 4 points for the 4-hex ones.
Last play I noticed the 2 points leaf on the special tile Sub-Colony. However I could not find any info about when and how this is rewarded. Could you please explain this to me or point me where this is noted in the rules?

Thanks in advance!

When you build a sub-colony, you immediatly receive 4 points. Later on you'll receive 2 points at the harvest phase for each sub-colony you own.

Yoann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[maˈtiːas]
Germany
Elzach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Yoann said, of course It is mentioned in the rules in section 4) harvest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Duchateau
Belgium
Beverlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn it, how could I not see that shake
Thanks for pointing this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Cz
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How Powerful is Sub-Colony ?? What is your experience - could it be a game winner??

So far I (and one one of my friends) didn't use it since it requires the last level of a colony (that might happen in a 2nd year (optimistic scenario)) and it requires quite a lot of space in the garden - which is very limited once you will reach the last level (2-3 year).
And the bonus - 2 points per round - not so impressive :/ (since you will use is like 3-4 times maybe). I might consider playing sub-colony if that would give 3-4 points per round but 2 points.... :/:/:/ That is why I have never seen a sub-colony in the garden at any of my plays.

Does someone have a different experience ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galgor I.
msg tools
mb
In my games it is always a match winner. If you can build it in year two autumn you will get 4 + (4*2) = 12 points. If you manage to get some of the +1 point bonuses it will be perhaps 14 or 15 points Compare this with the queen's goals. And nobody can destroy it and get points out of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoann Levet
France
La Cote Saint Andre
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One example :

http://www.boiteajeux.net/jeux/myr/partie.php?id=5982

Yoann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.