Subject: Detention instead of Brig? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One major weakness of BSG for me is that the game gets extremely sluggish when multiple Characters are in the Brig. This is not only unthematic, but also enables strange tactis like deliberately putting humans into the Brig to slow down Cylon Ships and Centurions.

Therefore I'd like to substitute the Brig of Galactica for the Detention of New Caprica.

Can you think of any strong reason not to do this? Thanks for your input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
umbaci wrote:
One major weakness of BSG for me is that the game gets extremely sluggish when multiple Characters are in the Brig. This is not only unthematic, but also enables strange tactis like deliberately putting humans into the Brig to slow down Cylon Ships and Centurions.

Therefore I'd like to substitute the Brig of Galactica for the Detention of New Caprica.

Can you think of any strong reason not to do this? Thanks for your input!

Once u have cylons, revealed or unrevealed, still getting crisis cards with humans in the Brig now helps them since they get crisis cards and thus, jump icons

And its not a peretty situation if cylons are out and humans are brigged presleeper phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Once u have cylons, revealed or unrevealed, still getting crisis cards with humans in the Brig now helps them since they get crisis cards and thus, jump icons

And its not a peretty situation if cylons are out and humans are brigged presleeper phase.

Do you want to say that the game becomes harder for the humans?

I'd say you're probably right, but it is really a double edged sword because humans in Detention can help more with checks and getting jump icons also mostly helps the humans.

And it is never a pretty situation if Cylons are free and Humans are brigged, but at least the game wouldn't stall anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like one of the main functions of the Brig that gets overlooked by many is that by not drawing a Crisis on the turn of somebody who is in the Brig, you are depriving that person from being able to be the deciding factor in any Current Player Chooses Crises, which can be a huge detriment to the Human team.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
I feel like one of the main functions of the Brig that gets overlooked by many is that by not drawing a Crisis on the turn of somebody who is in the Brig, you are depriving that person from being able to be the deciding factor in any Current Player Chooses Crises, which can be a huge detriment to the Human team.

In my first PBF I was a Cylon from the start and although I used Caprica several times I didn't get a single "Current Player chooses" crisis all game. So probably you're right that this can be a problem but it doesn't seem to be a big one.

A quick count shows that there are approx. 25% "Current Player chooses" Crises in the Deck.

While this could be a problem in the Base Game I think it is diminished in the Expansions since there's the option to execute prisoners who make bad decisions.

Edit: spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
umbaci wrote:
Dexter345 wrote:

In my first PBF I was a Cylon from the start and although I used Caprica several times I didn't get a single "Current Player chooses" crisis all game. So probably you're right that this can be a problem but it doesn't seem to be a big one.

A quick count shows that there are approx. 25% "Current Player chooses" Crises in the Deck.

While this could be a problem in the Base Game I think it is diminished in the Expansions since there's the option to execute prisoners who make bad decisions.

Edit: spelling
when raiders act. u can activate them such that civiesnget destroyed first, hen the rest attk Gal. Or that raiders will take the short path to the next closest civvies rather than taking the long way around.

Speaking of which, the curr player can famage Gal. instaed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
The curr player can damage Gal. instead.

Thanks for pointing that out. If the sequence of Raider activation matters, this is indeed an additional bonus for arrested Cylons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.