Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently.. abilities are lost when a player is downed. A player will also fail to resolve it's other skills (going from left to right) if it is downed before the other skills resolve.

This got me thinking. If a player already has cheating tokens, and is knocked down.. does he lose the cheating tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Vasquez
Colombia
Medellin
Antioquia
flag msg tools
100% Pure Colombian Geek
badge
Colombia is waiting for you, would you take the risk? (Video in my profile)
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheating is the only skill that is not lost if the player is downed sadly I don't have the manual with me to post the exact page in the rulebook.

I was mistaken... see the post below to see the correct answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The skill is still lost, the token is not, as they have already cheated.

So, if you're knocked down when attempting a tackle and you have a cheating action listed after the tackle, you cannot use that action to cheat. If you'd cheated before the failed tackle and received a token, you keep the token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Arael wrote:
Cheating is the only skill that is not lost if the player is downed sadly I don't have the manual with me to post the exact page in the rulebook.

Actually, this is not correct. The cheating skill CAN be cancelled. That is why order of the icons is important - you may fall down before you get to the cheating icon.

However, cheating TOKENS are not a skill/ability and once on a card, remain on the card (unless something specifically removes it) until it is resoled at the end of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Arael wrote:

Actually, this is not correct. The cheating skill CAN be cancelled. That is why order of the icons is important - you may fall down before you get to the cheating icon.

Yes, a thousand times yes. I missed that the first 1/2 dozen or so games I played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wann
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The order of the icons on the cards are quite important to note. Becomes tactically important with the order of having pass and tackle on the same card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Vasquez
Colombia
Medellin
Antioquia
flag msg tools
100% Pure Colombian Geek
badge
Colombia is waiting for you, would you take the risk? (Video in my profile)
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Arael wrote:

However, cheating TOKENS are not a skill/ability and once on a card, remain on the card (unless something specifically removes it) until it is resoled at the end of the week.

After checking the rules, I indeed see that you good sir are correct. I apologize for any confusion I had made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everybody for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.