15 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: I am Legendary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael A

California
msg tools
Got my copy yesterday and have to say it a great game. Was a little worried about the difficulty but the game has some built in difficulty sliders that actually work really well. Lost my 1st game and narrowly one my next two. Have to say that Deadpool, Nick Fury and Hawkeye make for some nasty combo's, Deadpools Oddball card is just brutal.

Only negative I would have is that THIS GAME MUST BE SLEEVED, at 500 cards sleeving this game can be costly. My cards started wearing on the sides after only one game. Otherwise a fantastic game with lots of options for play. I plan on trying at all the difficulties.

Thanks Devin and Jason for a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without sleeves, you don't want to side-shuffle. That will cause nicks on any card. Just riffle-shuffle as you would poker cards. That said, this is a deck builder. You will want to sleeve for three reasons:
1) Certain decks will get used more than others, causing uneven wear.
2) You have to shuffle your deck frequently.
3) Most people are terrible at shuffling and you will get an ulcer from watching them mangle your cards.

I sleeved my cards. Premium sleeves are $2.00-2.50 per pack. You can even find better deals online at retail or Ebay. You need 10 packs to sleeve this game. The sleeves I used were approximately $2.10 per pack after the shipping cost is considered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael A

California
msg tools
I am one of those terrible shufflers, I sleeved them in dragon shield, heroes in red villains in gold. Works really well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Malfactor wrote:
I am one of those terrible shufflers, I sleeved them in dragon shield, heroes in red villains in gold. Works really well

Heroes and wounds should have the same color sleeves, as they will be "in your deck". Maybe a future expansion will allow villains to be used as heroes (Professor X? Devin, I've got more great ideas if you're interested cool), in which case this will not be so cut-and-dry.

Villains, Bystanders, Twists, and Master Strikes should have the same color sleeves.

Just FYI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael A

California
msg tools
Yes everything hero related is red i.e S.H.I.E.L.D, wounds etc.. Everything Bad guy related is gold i.e Twists, Bystandards etc..

Looks really nice on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
why do you think the game must sleeved? I was very impressed with the quality of the cards.

In fact, I would say that making the card quality so good is ironic because it won't necessarily boost the sales of upper deck sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J W
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mb
The Chaz wrote:
Malfactor wrote:

Heroes and wounds should have the same color sleeves, as they will be "in your deck". Maybe a future expansion will allow villains to be used as heroes (Professor X? Devin, I've got more great ideas if you're interested cool), in which case this will not be so cut-and-dry.

Villains, Bystanders, Twists, and Master Strikes should have the same color sleeves.

Just FYI.

You guys obviously haven't played all the schemes... lol

there's one that requires you to mix things up. Im not gonna spoil it for people who don't have the game. I'll just say that it requires that you shuffle some cards into opposite decks. Those will surely stick out like a sore thumb.

I thought about doing it your way until I saw that scheme card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Unless I'm mistaken, the shapeshifter scheme wouldn't change the color of cards in your deck (using what I said above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chaz wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, the shapeshifter scheme wouldn't change the color of cards in your deck (using what I said above).

That scheme requires heroes shuffled into the villian deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
The Chaz wrote:

That scheme requires heroes shuffled into the villian deck.

So we're BOTH right (but I had overlooked something)!

No problem with players' decks;
Yes problem with villain deck.

Yeah... better just keep them all the same. I thought it was annoying that all the cards had the same back, but it all makes sense now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Leaves it open for more manipulation in the future, too. Thunderbolts scheme, anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malfactor wrote:
Got my copy yesterday and have to say it a great game. Was a little worried about the difficulty but the game has some built in difficulty sliders that actually work really well. Lost my 1st game and narrowly one my next two. Have to say that Deadpool, Nick Fury and Hawkeye make for some nasty combo's, Deadpools Oddball card is just brutal.

Only negative I would have is that THIS GAME MUST BE SLEEVED, at 500 cards sleeving this game can be costly. My cards started wearing on the sides after only one game. Otherwise a fantastic game with lots of options for play. I plan on trying at all the difficulties.

Thanks Devin and Jason for a great game.

Why do people feel the need to spend money on sleeves? Might as well throw money in a fire place and burn it. Cards are made to last and unless you plan on shuffling 1Million times or more I think you'll be fine. After wasting $75+ in Lord of the rings the card game I learned my lesson. I have well over 100 hours in shuffling and playing LOTR and the cards look as good as new. Go buy another game instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some games, yet, it is a waste. However, with a deckbuilding game, you're shuffling the deck as much as 20 times per game. If you get a decent number of plays in, those shuffles really add up fast. For standard card games, it's not as worthwhile, but for Deckbuilders, if I think I'll play them a bit, I'll pony up the dough for the sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael A

California
msg tools
I dont mind the change of color with the Skrulls scheme. I still think heroes would be differentiated but thats just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Cards are made to last

If you mean cards from German-produced games 10 or more years ago, sure. Modern day Chinese-made cards? No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.