5 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Special Rules for Solo Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael A

California
msg tools
It says in the rulebook that these can be found on the scheme cards but none of mine mention any special solo rules for setup. Can anyone help me locate these?

Anywho my question is regarding the bank robbery scheme. In solo play the deck seems overrun with bystandards and twists. I found that I was rarely getting any villains. I wasn't sure what to do with all the villainless bystandards so I put the 1st under the mastermind and the rest waiting in the city scape to be captured. Can anyone help clarify this for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schemes don't have solo instructions, just the setup in the back of the rulebook. For the Bank Robbery, if you draw a scheme and no one's in the bank, don't draw more bystanders, otherwise follow the normal rules for bystanders in the villian deck. The Mastermind might end up with a bunch of them, but they won't raise his attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rough part of this scenario is that even one villain left unchecked can end up with a ton of bystanders and become extremely difficult to kill.
We almost had a Destroyer escape with 16 bystanders but the other player got a lucky draw and comboed enough attack to kill it.

We had Black Widow in that game so I was hoping to get her unique card to take care of it. Anyway, that pretty much won the game for him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This was answered by Upper Deck in another post (which I'm too lazy to find).

The sentence in question should end at the word "scheme." Add a number of Scheme Twist cards as stated on the Scheme.

The words "Special Solo Rules" should be a header for the next line. It's just a rulebook formatting error.

Hope this clears it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael A

California
msg tools
It does thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.