Jess
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See title

So I've heard that the Wits and Wagers questions are somewhat US centric and Gambit 7 questions are somewhat UK centric... (also Gambit 7 seems harder to find here, whereas Wits and Wagers is readily available)

I'm Australian and it will be for playing with non-gamer adults mostly, sometimes gamer friends and occasionally children.

Opinions from Australians who've played any of them would be especially appreciated, but of course you don't need to be Australian to comment.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll throw out a non-country specific party game - GiftTRAP.

Plays up to 8 and is a lot of fun. Check it out and see what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Waldbauer
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jesslc wrote:
See title

So I've heard that the Wits and Wagers questions are somewhat US centric and Gambit 7 questions are somewhat UK centric... (also Gambit 7 seems harder to find here, whereas Wits and Wagers is readily available)

I'm Australian and it will be for playing with non-gamer adults mostly, sometimes gamer friends and occasionally children.

Opinions from Australians who've played any of them would be especially appreciated, but of course you don't need to be Australian to comment.

Thank you

Wits and Wagers the normal version does have some US-centric questions, but of the 10-12 times I've played I can only really remember one or two.

You could easily house-rule out any US-centric questions and just read a different question/card and be totally fine.

Wits and Wagers has been a huge hit with everyone I've played it with non-gamers and gamers alike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
badge
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Gambit 7 and I don't recall the questions being UK-centric. In fact most of the questions are so obscure that you are guessing numbers anyway (which is not a bad thing by the way - everyone is on a level playing field as no-one knows the answers).
Haven't tried W&W so can't comment on that.
But I will mention that they have different betting/scoring options - but it is not hard to modify either game to use the rules from the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.