Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could somebody please point me in the direction of any information about this "coin upgrade"?

I keep getting emails asking if I want to pay $20 to get it...but I have no idea what it is, or what it is for. Does this game use coins or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1893407396/the-new-scien...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Abner
United States
Johnstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brendan,

The metal coins we made for Road to Enlightenment as an upgrade to the cardboard money.

You can find pics of them here: (scroll down)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/knemeyer/road-to-enlight...

We only sell these coins at cons (they were a red hot item at BGG Con) and on Kickstarter campaigns. We use these coins for any game that requires coin money -- they are pretty sweet.

Hope that cleats it up

bill

Oh, and no, TNS does not use coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! Ok thank you...those coins look sweet. I haven't checked out RTE yet, I will look into it.

Thanks again. I'm really looking forward to getting my copy of TNC!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
more clutter
msg tools
I bought the game off the shelf expecting the metal coins after reading about the metal coins, only to be disappointed to find cardboard coins.
Now to try and find the coins separate, and to get them shipped to Australia doesn't seem like a viable option.
I often look to how a game presents when opened to non gamers as an inducer to get non gamers interested in gaming and the game.
As always it's cheap in a bundle, expensive to get an a standalone extra.

With the explosion in the number of games available, and mechanics starting to overlap, and more better art work, it will be interesting to see which publishers set the benchmark with better content, e.g metal coins, moulded inserts for storing the components instead if just bags, plastic cards so we don't have to sleeve them ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.