Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this seems legit. Count me in. Good real estate values in Detroit, or I suppose I can just go kill someone there and squat (but don't worry, I'll make sure they aren't a fellow believer first!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
chaendlmaier wrote:

Secondly, there are a couple of rules every member of my religion has to uphold. You're not allowed to harm, lie to or steal from another member. That's pretty much it, we don't want to complicate things. Witness how moral my religion is.

You are setting a fine example of witnessing your religion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Define "harm" and "steal from." This is an important discussion for some reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:
Define "harm" and "steal from." This is an important discussion for some reason.

Good point. What if I sleep with a fellow believer's wife? Is that allowed? Does it count as stealing? What if a believer harms me? Can I harm them back? Or do we stone them as a group? Come to think of it, can we incorporate stoning in some way? I think that would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
The Message wrote:

Define "near Detroit".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
The Message wrote:
And let me know if "harm" includes "harm by inaction".

If it does then Clay is harming me by not sending me money to buy my food at very expensive restaurants and on the weekends having the chef and her team come round and cook at home. And while we are on the subject of home; did you know that Clay is harming me by not paying for a large farm for me to live on? Arrrrrgh. Thats just some of the pain I feel. Arrrrrrgh. There is a bit more. I'm beginning to think that YOU are harming ME by not telling Clay to send MORE Money. Yes I'm sure of it - you are, through inaction, harming me. I want your HDDs, especially the SSDs. But not the DNAed keyboard. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinook wrote:
The Message wrote:
And let me know if "harm" includes "harm by inaction".

If it does then Clay is harming me by not sending me money to buy my food at very expensive restaurants and on the weekends having the chef and her team come round and cook at home. And while we are on the subject of home; did you know that Clay is harming me by not paying for a large farm for me to live on? Arrrrrgh. Thats just some of the pain I feel. Arrrrrrgh. There is a bit more. I'm beginning to think that YOU are harming ME by not telling Clay to send MORE Money. Yes I'm sure of it - you are, through inaction, harming me. I want your HDDs, especially the SSDs. But not the DNAed keyboard. :gulp:

You didn't get the check in the mail? Hmm... give me your bank account information, I'll do a direct deposit. You can trust me not to steal from you, I haven't even been told what that is yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clockwerk76 wrote:
The Message wrote:

Good point. What if I sleep with a fellow believer's wife? Is that allowed? Does it count as stealing? What if a believer harms me? Can I harm them back? Or do we stone them as a group? Come to think of it, can we incorporate stoning in some way? I think that would be cool.

In spite of the way we in the US continue to treat adultery as somehow equal to (or worse than) sexual assault, I'm sure if God delivered a modern enlightened revelation to Curt, it doesn't include women as property that can be stolen. Anyway, I don't know the laws in Germany, but as of earlier this month there are now a few more US states that will allow you to become a stoner. Hopefully the faithful will see that this occurs in Detroit as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Thermodynamically about 90 degrees Kelvin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:

Secondly, there are a couple of rules every member of my religion has to uphold. You're not allowed to harm, lie to or steal from another member. That's pretty much it, we don't want to complicate things. Witness how moral my religion is.

i assume that as leader/god you are excused from this rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
The Message wrote:

Define "near Detroit".

https://plus.google.com/113879809300558568971/about?gl=uk&hl...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
clockwerk76 wrote:
The Message wrote:

In spite of the way we in the US continue to treat adultery as somehow equal to (or worse than) sexual assault, I'm sure if God delivered a modern enlightened revelation to Curt, it doesn't include women as property that can be stolen. Anyway, I don't know the laws in Germany, but as of earlier this month there are now a few more US states that will allow you to become a stoner. Hopefully the faithful will see that this occurs in Detroit as well.

INFIDEL WHORE!!! DO NOT PRESUME TO SPEAK FOR GOD!!! ONLY CURT MAY CHANNEL HIS WILL, HIS WORD AND HIS ACTION!!! STONE THE BLASPHEMER!!! STONE HIM!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
femgoth wrote:
i assume that as leader/god you are excused from this rule?

Nah, I'm just a prophet.

clockwerk76 wrote:

God's too busy right now, so you have to figure it out for yourself. But don't lose your head over this.

Oh...well...time to start fractious faction with questionable interpretations of scripture and good dose of insecurity driven hatred!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pah! That's not a real god.

A real god would demand you forsake all other gods - knowing of course that there are no other gods to forsake because this is the one real god, the one true god. But it does make me wonder, if there are no other gods, why do any other (non-existent) gods need to be forsaken?

A real god would have better timing. With the world about to end in less than a month (according to the Mayans), it doesn't leave much time to convert more mindless chumps followers to your insane cult religion.

And finally - where are the miracles, the iconography, the blood sacrifices? Huh?

Where is the insane list of proscriptions? Thou shall not lick cats paws? Thou shall not eat green vegetables on a Tuesday night after 6:00pm. Thou shall not dob-in child abusers to the police?

Nah. That's not a real god. Keep dreaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.