Subject: FFG is selling some complete sets for Diskwars rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wastelands (these seem to be out of stock already, though)
Waiqar's Path
Broken Shadows

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
What a steal. Iirc, these factory sets used to go for 80 or 100 dollars when the game was in production. Just one of these sets would give tremendous replayability with any of the 8 core races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
These sets have been offered for at least the last 3 holiday sales. It's the only time they appear in the FFG Store (though I suppose if you ask them politely, they'll sell them to you other times in the year, too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Westphal
msg tools
mbmb
I've just heard of this game- will one of those complete sets offer enough for at least two players, or would I have to get more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. Plenty of replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Westphal
msg tools
mbmb
Huh, ok. I read elsewhere here that they are just expansions, as as such lack the terrain pieces that are required, or the rules (though I see I can DL them here on the 'Geek) and thought I'd get an opinion. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wastelands is just an expansion but the other 2 sets come also with flats that are specific to each faction. They are starters for all intent and purposes.

You can download the Legions rule book here in the files section. Waiqars path and broken shadows are sets posterior to Legions and have a page outlining rules and special abilities added in those expansions.

I like Waiqar's Path better the Broken Shadows.

Here is my suggestion:
Buy the Waiqar's Path set
Print the Legions rule book
Play 50, 100 or 150-point armies (150 was the tournament standard, 100 what I play at home

Also, the rule book will have all the existing spells, these are represented by mini disks that have no physical meaning in the game. You will not get the disks for the spells from other sets but I would allow the players to make a list with the spells they want to use even if you don't have those mini disks. It gives the game depth. Most armies will have 0-3 spells. Plus, use the tournament limit of no more than 2 copies of the same spell.

Don't miss this opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hayward
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you guys use the recost methods? It makes the game more fun to play and a lot fairer. I also cut out felt to creat more realistic lakes, forests etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What recost methods do you use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.