Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone - I am considering going to this and wanted to see what people have to say about it.

I am a board gamer only, I have no real interest in RPGs. Do you think this would be worthwhile regardless? Are there normally a lot of board games getting played? To be honest I would almost be fine with just going to play all day, but would not mind buying stuff also.

Are there games for sale and are they cheaper than normal, or is that a waste and should I just get games from my normal sources?

Input appreciated, cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Marsden
United Kingdom
Portsmouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:
I am a board gamer only, I have no real interest in RPGs. Do you think this would be worthwhile regardless?

Absolutely! I've been to a couple of Dragonmeets now and they've been very enjoyable from a board-games-only point of view.

Quote:
Are there normally a lot of board games getting played?

Lots of them, including demos of new games and playtests of possible new games.

Quote:
Are there games for sale and are they cheaper than normal

There are lots of games for sale, some, especially new releases, may well be cheaper than online, plus there's usually a huge amount of second hand games too.

It's definitely worth the time IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harris
United Kingdom
Surbiton
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobotnik wrote:
Hey everyone - I am considering going to this and wanted to see what people have to say about it.

I am a board gamer only, I have no real interest in RPGs. Do you think this would be worthwhile regardless? Are there normally a lot of board games getting played? To be honest I would almost be fine with just going to play all day, but would not mind buying stuff also.

Are there games for sale and are they cheaper than normal, or is that a waste and should I just get games from my normal sources?

Input appreciated, cheers!

If you are interested in new game designs then we are running the Playtest @ Dragonmeet event. Members of our Playtest group and other Dragonmeet attendees will bring their own prototypes to be played by members of the public on the day.

If attendees sit down to playtest a game, they will be entered into a prize draw for a £20 gift voucher from www.boardgameguru.co.uk

There are more details here: www.meetup.com/Playtest

http://dragonmeet.phoenixgamesclub.org.uk/content/playtest-%...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, well the wife and I are definitely coming along and hope to join in on some board games. We should be dragging a friend along also.

See you all there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.