Horus Heresy (2010)» Forums » General

Subject: Playing time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the game takes 135 minutes? Not two hours, or 120 minutes, but 135. No less, no more.

As beautiful as it is unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're getting a finish around the "Spaceport Victory" space on the Initiative Track, 90 minutes is very doable, even for "slowpokes" . Especially Scenario 1, which is a fixed setup, the early game tends to follow a pattern for the initial turns, so they just whizz by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "official" time is 90-180 minutes, but you can only have one number on BGG, and not a range, so the average was chosen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and my oponent play most games under 120 min, including setup. The longest part for us (scénario 6) is initial unit placement, then we watch our plans unveil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow everyone so far seems to have missed the point. Its not that I do not believe that the game might play in 120 min or whatever time you state. Its the number "135" that I find ridiculous. Why not make that "120", "130", "140" any other round number? Why the 5 minutes at the end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Si Fei wrote:
Somehow everyone so far seems to have missed the point. Its not that I do not believe that the game might play in 120 min or whatever time you state. Its the number "135" that I find ridiculous. Why not make that "120", "130", "140" any other round number? Why the 5 minutes at the end?

135 isn't as odd a number as it may seem on the surface It's 2 hours 15 minutes, and quarter-hour increments aren't really that unusual
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.