Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

King of Tokyo: Power Up!» Forums » General

Subject: Misprinted Pandakai board dial rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of King of Tokyo: Power Up! arrived today. My Pandakai player board has a blank (white) health dial. There is some blue ink around the outer edge with fame numbers (looks like 20 down to 16), making it look like it was punched from the region that should have been a (larger) fame dial. Has anyone else received a misprint?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
My copy of King of Tokyo: Power Up! arrived today. My Pandakai player board has a blank (white) health dial. There is some blue ink around the outer edge with fame numbers (looks like 20 down to 16), making it look like it was punched from the region that should have been a (larger) fame dial. Has anyone else received a misprint?


Send me an email at stephan@iellogames.com and we will mail you a replacement board.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IelloGames wrote:
iNano78 wrote:
My copy of King of Tokyo: Power Up! arrived today. My Pandakai player board has a blank (white) health dial. There is some blue ink around the outer edge with fame numbers (looks like 20 down to 16), making it look like it was punched from the region that should have been a (larger) fame dial. Has anyone else received a misprint?


Send me an email at stephan@iellogames.com and we will mail you a replacement board.


Email sent. Thanks, Stephan. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is a bit off, but nothing as bad as yours. The windows on mine seem to be cut weird.

 
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Disgustipater wrote:
Mine is a bit off, but nothing as bad as yours. The windows on mine seem to be cut weird.

 


Exactly the same as mine.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see a printing problem in that picture. Are you referring to the jagged edge around the square windows from the way it was punched?

We played KoT last night at the Ludo-Outaouais convention. The first picked monster was Pandakai (it was a first-time player, so he didn't know the panda was special in any way). That player just used Gigazaur's player board as a substitute.

Session report: The King gained fame like a talking cat on Youtube using an evolution that gives him a star after each player's turn as long as he stays in Tokyo (and resets his stars to 0 if he's forced out!). He needed 6 stars on his last turn or else Pandakai would have forced him out of Tokyo via his Intimidating Roar (or even killed him since The King was down to 2 or 3 life points). The King rolled a bunch of 3's to win the game!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I don't see a printing problem in that picture. Are you referring to the jagged edge around the square windows from the way it was punched?

Partly, but as you can see on the health dial, the 10 is lower than it should be. The numbers on the other end of the wheel are a bit too high, so either the wheel was mis-cut, or it was attached off center.

You can't really see it in the picture, but the window on the VP dial doesn't completely cover the dial (there's a small gap between the edge of the dial and the top of the window).

Like I said, nothing as egregious as yours. Mine is still perfectly playable, but it is a bit wonky.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atticus Gifford
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
coroner wrote:
Disgustipater wrote:
Mine is a bit off, but nothing as bad as yours. The windows on mine seem to be cut weird.

 


Exactly the same as mine.


Mine too. Doesn't ruin it or anything, just not as nice as the original ones. Looks a little sloppy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hall-Williams
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
atticus wrote:
coroner wrote:
Disgustipater wrote:
Mine is a bit off, but nothing as bad as yours. The windows on mine seem to be cut weird.

 


Exactly the same as mine.


Mine too. Doesn't ruin it or anything, just not as nice as the original ones. Looks a little sloppy.


Mine's the same, the dial is just a smidge off the window. The tokens aren't very round either, but it still works fine. I wouldn't bother replacing either unless the dial was unreadable, like the OP's dial appears to be.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: I took apart the health dial, lightly penciled in some lines to divide it into 14 (e.g. life from 0-12, plus a blank spot between 0 and 12), and wrote in the numbers with Sharpie (red for 0-10, black for 11 & 12). It isn't pretty but it does the job (pending arrival of a replacement). We used it on Wednesday and the Panda kicked our butts in a 6-way in the first game. Hand-written dial must be lucky!

*edit* On the bright side, my hand-written numbers are perfectly aligned in the window. After my replacement arrives, I'll happily sell my hand-written copy to somebody that would prefer better window alignment.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos D
Greece
Porto Leone
flag msg tools
designer
badge
┌┬───┬───┬───┬───┬┐ ├┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴┤ ├┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬┤ ├┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴┤ ├┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬┤ └┴───┴───┴───┴───┴┘ "All in all it was all just bricks in the wall..."
Avatar
mb
Yesterday I finally get on my hand my copy from recent Essen, and unfortunately the points dial was misprinted! (I have upload a video with my cellphone)


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Cermak
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got a new copy of the expansion tonight. My Pandakai player board was in pretty rough shape. Squares were roughly cut with cardboard peeling back, and all four corners were crumpled and peeling artwork. Just sent you an email Stephan, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I'd mention this has been resolved. There was a mix-up, but after I inquired a second time, Iello promptly sent me a replacement Pandakai player board with correct (and functional) health dial (arrived 2 weeks ago). No more hand-written health tracker!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
I thought I'd mention this has been resolved. There was a mix-up, but after I inquired a second time, Iello promptly sent me a replacement Pandakai player board with correct (and functional) health dial (arrived 2 weeks ago). No more hand-written health tracker!


I have written a couple times (since January) to Iello at info@ and, as suggested above, stephan@, and have had no response to either. My box was missing the Panda.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stanbury
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi just bought a copy of the original box and the dial for giga zaur is there but I think they may have mixed up the health dial with the victory points (its unusable because it doesn't reach the hole for the points). Should I email someone or return it to the store?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.