Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Hampton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noblemen Launch Special. Now through end of cyber Monday.

http://playtmg.com/products/noblemen-launch-special
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! Saw it on Facebook...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I watched the Dice Tower review, is it as omplicated as it appears? I wasn't convinced by the video telling it wasn't. Just keeping track of what scores what seems a bit much. Anyone played this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hampton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played but look forward to it. I think like many games It may take an hour to figure the rules but then play quite smoothly once you start the game.

-Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not even on my radar, but now ordered!

I have very little self-control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richtoosoon wrote:
Not even on my radar, but now ordered!

I have very little self-control.

Not master of our domain, are we? :)

Yeah, keep mulling it over, especially at that price. Just a bad time of year to self indulge, ah, buying a game for oneself. That FFG sale going on doesn't help matters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Okay Player
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
Way to fuck over Canadian buyers again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Player wrote:

Do you sincerely think that game distributors should take it on the chin and pay for the extra cost of shipping to Canada?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fordham
United States
Rome
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Okay Player wrote:

Shipping such a game to Canada is at LEAST $17 if not more.

Pitch in with some buddies and buy four or five copies for bulk shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danamark wrote:
Man, I watched the Dice Tower review, is it as omplicated as it appears? I wasn't convinced by the video telling it wasn't. Just keeping track of what scores what seems a bit much. Anyone played this?

The gameplay is simple and straight forward, if you are used to medium weight euro games. Games like Belfort, Agricola, Puerto Rico, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
trenttsd wrote:
Okay Player wrote:

Do you sincerely think that game distributors should take it on the chin and pay for the extra cost of shipping to Canada?

Unfortunately, it costs a large sum of money to ship one 7 pound package into Canada. On the other hand, sending several pallets to a distributor in Canada which then sends several boxes or a pallet to game stores works out.

It is the unfortunate economic truth of shipping costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hampton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Unfortunately, it costs a large sum of money to ship one 7 pound package into Canada. On the other hand, sending several pallets to a distributor in Canada which then sends several boxes or a pallet to game stores works out.

a seven pound game! I am going to need stronger shelves

-Z

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zetoyoc wrote:
Quote:

a seven pound game! I am going to need stronger shelves

-Z

Well the game is about 6 pounds... With the box and packaging...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When would it ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A game with just the usual one pre-release review(which I'll never trust) and no comments. No go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:
A game with just the usual one pre-release review(which I'll never trust) and no comments. No go.

What's not to trust? The pre-release review is just a rules review.

It looks like a medium/ medium-light tile laying game with a little bit of player interaction. Doesn't look particularly innovative or jump out at me, but it may be a solid game.

Honestly, it's one of the first rules review I've watched and I was pleasantly surprised. I'd want to read the rules before I commit to buying a game, but the video was interesting enough to give me a little overview. I may actually try watching a video review again some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow9d9 wrote:

I should have a copy fairly soon - I will review it ASAP!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Okay Player
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
trenttsd wrote:
Okay Player wrote:

No. But they are subsidizing the price anywhere from $10-$15 to get the game shipped to your fat fingers, so I'm only asking for a similar subsidy to get the game shipped to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Player wrote:
trenttsd wrote:
Okay Player wrote:

No. But they are subsidizing the price anywhere from $10-$15 to get the game shipped to your fat fingers, so I'm only asking for a similar subsidy to get the game shipped to me.

With an attitude like yours how do you have anyone to play such a game with!gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Okay Player
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
whattheproblemis wrote:
Okay Player wrote:
trenttsd wrote:
Okay Player wrote:

With an attitude like yours how do you have anyone to play such a game with!:gulp:

You mean you won't play with me?

Instead of bashing me, why not comment on the actual fact that I wrote?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Player wrote:
whattheproblemis wrote:
Okay Player wrote:
trenttsd wrote:
Okay Player wrote:

With an attitude like yours how do you have anyone to play such a game with!gulp

You mean you won't play with me?

The comment "fat fingers" wasn't necessary. it's difficult to take someone serious when they are being rude and condescending.

Having said that, I don't get all of this international angst over shipping prices from the US. I would not expect a company in Canada to subsidize shipping to the US. I'm not sure how others justify their anger or consternation about shipping prices. It's not like retailers and publishers are intentionally gouging international buyers. Shipping prices are what they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And whiners are what they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Okay Player
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
whattheproblemis wrote:
The comment "fat fingers" wasn't necessary. it's difficult to take someone serious when they are being rude and condescending.

Having said that, I don't get all of this international angst over shipping prices from the US. I would not expect a company in Canada to subsidize shipping to the US. I'm not sure how others justify their anger or consternation about shipping prices. It's not like retailers and publishers are intentionally gouging international buyers. Shipping prices are what they are.

How do you know if he has fat fingers or not?

All I'm saying is don't say it's "$40 with free shipping to the US" when in actuality it's really like $25 + $15 shipping to the US. In this case I'll gladly pay $25 + shipping to Canada (let's say it's $20 for argument's sake).

Why shouldn't everyone have to pay the same price for the game (plus shipping to their country)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like TMG and I was somewhat interested in this game.

Big discount and free shipping? Sold!

Thanks Michael, I'm looking forward to this and I hope the promotional sale goes well for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Player wrote:

Because when your "facts" are served with a hot steaming pile of unwarranted obnoxiousness some people may not feel you're deserving of a dignified reply?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.