20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Kind of funny Fantasy Flight story.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
So I am a new member to the site, but I thought I would relay a story that is kind of one of those "It's a small world" stories.

About a year ago I was working in the Roseville, MN area visiting some clients. I had some time to kill, and I was driving along and saw a sign for "fantasy flight" in a building near one of my stops. I had heard that there was a service in the area that you could go to that allowed you to sign up for flight simmulators, you know...those really amazing ones with the pneumatics etc....so I decided to stop in an inquire about their prices.

Well, I quickly realized that I was in the wrong place, as it seemed like your typical office space, and I was told by someone that they were definetely not what I was looking for. So I left and didn't think anything of it, not knowing what they actually did as a company.

So anyway here I am with Descent: Journey into the Dark on my Christmas list, when suddenly it dawned on me that I had heard the name Fantasy Flight before, and they are practically in my back yard!

Since I've got some ideas for games, I think I might just mistakenly pop in again...who knows In any case, it's funny how connections are missed at one time in life, and then you end up coming around full circle. Had they told me they developed games, I probably would have been more interested in that then the simulators anyway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
how many people belong to this site?? I just had 45 views and I posted this like 10 minutes ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, what else am I supposed to do at work?

oh... wait... don't answer that...

I'm curious too though, how many active members do we have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david funch
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Do you consider that amount high or low? Let's not forget that most people are at work right now. Like me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Moore
United States
Webster Groves
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Let's count them, using the simplest method possible. If you are an active member of this site, post here, and I'll count them all up later. I can't think of a better way to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll start... one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skeletor Kendrick
Canada
Parry Sound
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Present...two

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently there are 1174 members present in the forums. (Click on Forums, top right, and scroll down to the bottom).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
We get about 500,000 unique visitors per month. So any one day has about 15-20k people coming thru here. They aren't all looking at the forums however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Brady
United States
Port Jefferson
New York
flag msg tools
wow!, that is alot. Even if 10% of them visit the forums, that is a minimum of 1k. if only 1% it is still at least 100 ppl (looks a little small, though). That is a huge community.surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
We get about 500,000 unique visitors per month. So any one day has about 15-20k people coming thru here. They aren't all looking at the forums however.

I hear they come to gaze at the legendary MtG girl. Must be. Either that or they heard about Busen Memo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I'm #13 cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Buckle
United Kingdom
Thornton Heath
Croydon
flag msg tools
designer
NSKN are publishing my next game :)
badge
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not a number . . .
I'm a free man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Moore
United States
Webster Groves
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Looks like about 15. Man, it seems like so many more when you're on the home page. Oh well. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Word has it that since we lost "Mr. Poopy Pants Twister Man", our viewership has dropped dramatically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not ask us our number, for we are Legion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you happen to be close by, I suggest that you volunteer your services as a playtester...something for which they are in desperate need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.