9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Help me clean my selection + poll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Help me refrain my addictive problem. I can't buy them all! I really don't want to add games that i won't play anymore in 3 years for example.

Please vote for the games you played at least 1 time. Imagine you don't own any of them I added the prices of each game so you can also take this a bit in consideration.

All suggestion are welcome! Just write them in the thread

You can see my collection and my ratings there:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/generalpotato

Thanks to everyone

Poll
Help :)
  Buy Wouldn't Buy
Eclipse 64.99
Brass 39.99
Battlestar Galactica 32.49
innovation 17.99
le havre 45.49
Lord of the Rings: The Card Game Core Set 25.99
Mage Knight 55.99
Seasons 32.99
Summoner Wars: Master Set 32.99
Troyes 35.99
Android: Netrunner Core Set 25.99
Blood Bowl: Team Manager - The Card Game 22.95
      83 answers
Poll created by generalpotato
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit surprised that android netrunner don't get more buy vote. It look played a lot at the moment and his ranking is good. It's just because it's new?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to see the games that play better with fewer people aren't doing as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Interesting to see the games that play better with fewer people aren't doing as well.

I agree, im still waiting on people to comment Netrunner, it was my top pick. Im unsure now if i should really get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Among the games in the list, I think you could enjoy Eclipse and Blood Bowl Team Manager: on the other hand, Mage Knight isn't well suited for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a problem with your poll.

You said 'please vote for games that you have played 1 time'.

So I DIDN'T VOTE for Blood Bowl, Team Manager even though I think it would be perfect for you. I don't know a damn thing about US football, and think that this would be sort of necessary in order to do well at this game. I could be wrong about this. But it means that I have never played it. So I do not get to vote it up...

But based on what you say you like -- I would mail you BBTM and ANDROID:netrunner
in an instant. I voted up Brass, which I love. If this is the sort of game you want to try,
then Brass is the sort of game you should get. But I don't know if you will like it. I have greater confidence that you will like BBTM than Brass. But I followed your instructions and voted the ones I have played.

Does this make sense to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked people to vote only on games they tried. And to imagine they would not already own it obviously

Me and my group like all type of game. I just dont want to add games we won't play in a year and will take the dust.

My worst buy are probably Galaxy Trucker and RuneWars.

We are old MtG players so we tend to have a small preference into card games. We are totally in love with Tichu. We play a lot of dominion as well. But it dosnt need to be card game either. I like solid game like Agricola, dominant species and Twilight struggle. Could be any game as long as there is strategy behind it

We dont really like 7 wonders... Too poor in strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
generalpotato wrote:
I'm a bit surprised that android netrunner don't get more buy vote. It look played a lot at the moment and his ranking is good. It's just because it's new?
I voted no because it's an LCG and I suppose one would want more sets and possibly even more copies of each set so it would cost a lot.

I didn't voted for LOTR:TCG. But the situation is the same there.

I guess I'd personally rather buy and play Netrunner though. So that may not make much sense.

LOTR:TCG can be played co-operatively though and I suppose it would play somewhat differentely with the expansions at least (scenariodriven isn't it?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you say Adroid: NetRunner have re-playability without expansion? I think it come with like 3 deck or 3 deck for each side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.