Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Plus sign on Fatties? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brooklyn Lundberg
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
So i know it mentions in the rule book that zombies spawn along side fatties but i couldn't tell if this had anything to do with the plus sign that is on some of the fatties spawn picture. Also, how many zombies spawn with them? I have just been doing two with every fatty regardless of plus sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's always two walkers with one fatty. The fatty with a 'plus' sign means that an Abomination is spawned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brooklyn Lundberg
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
so an abomination by itself? or along side other things? why not just use a picture of an abomination?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an abomination. No other things. Dunno why they didn't use an abomination picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Just an abomination. No other things. Dunno why they didn't use an abomination picture.

I've never understood that, either. "How can we go out of our way to make the whole Fattie-spwning thing a little more confusing? I've got it!"

Weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did see one theory put forth by someone that did make some sense:

That the Abomination was a late addition to the game, and the 'just a Fatty' symbol was just a Fatty, and the 'Fatty plus' symbol was a Fatty plus two walkers, but then, rather than redo the spawn cards when they added the Abomination, they just made it so that Fatties always come with two walkers, and used the 'Fatty plus' symbol for the Abomination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually I think it is because they planned for expansion which might use something else besides the abomination as a "big bad". For example, toxic zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but then they've said the expansion will come with it's own spawn cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hervé Balon
Belgium
Goutroux
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that they've used the fatty illustration as a remainder that when there is already an abomination on the board, it doesn't get an extra activation but a fatty is spawn instead (with is followers ofc!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilnyt wrote:
I think that they've used the fatty illustration as a remainder that when there is already an abomination on the board, it doesn't get an extra activation but a fatty is spawn instead (with is followers ofc!).

This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe toxic walkers will spawn with walker+ symbol.
Maybe zombivors will spawn with runner+ symbol...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
Maybe zombivors will spawn with runner+ symbol...

I hope not.

A mechanism by which player-controlled Survivors turn into player-controlled Zombivors would be better, imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A mechanism by which player-controlled Survivors turn into player-controlled Zombivors would be better, imo.

Since you control multiple characters, that wouldn't be very usable when playing with less than 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.