Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like an awesome game that can be played solo as well as coop, but I was wondering how does it feel with 3 or 4 players vs. 1 or 2? Is it a game that feels best suited for only 2 players with extra available players being tacked on, or is it just as fun with 3, 4 or 5 players? Also, is the game time significantly increased with more players?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie Englehart
msg tools

With more players, the difficulty increases. It also depends on the Scheme you're playing. I've played with my dad and brother, and also my dad and our roommate. We're, hopefully, going to get more in tonight and see how that plays out. But it really is fun no matter how many players you have. It also depends on whether or not you have fun, so it's all about perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually feel the opposite of your suspicions. The game is a 3-4 player game with two-player as an option. I have only tried it with two and three players, but I suspect four is the sweet spot. With two players it isn't "easier", but it is less chaotic and more controllable and predictable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answers fellas. I have to get this game on the list for the next order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I actually feel the opposite of your suspicions. The game is a 3-4 player game with two-player as an option. I have only tried it with two and three players, but I suspect four is the sweet spot. With two players it isn't "easier", but it is less chaotic and more controllable and predictable.

After playing the Prison Break scenario with 2 players vs the same scenario with 4 players, I feel it is a lot easier with 2.

With each player getting half as many turns relative to the number of villains being drawn, the "ramp-up" time for all of our decks becoming effective was twice as long, and a large number of villains escaped before we became capable of killing them easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game with five players for the first time and it was fun, but chaotic. The additional hero in the hero deck watered it down a bit. Also, the hero deck became clogged with high cost heroes (7+) very quickly. This was due to escaping villains and players recruiting the lower cost cards.

I am fairly certain that four players is the ideal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.