Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards trigger abilities based on the numbers of color you have for heroes. The rares don't have a border, so do they count? Is "no color" a color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brie Englehart
msg tools

They have the little symbol on the top left corner; so despite the fact that they don't have the border around them, yes, they do count just like those with borders around them. Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael A

California
msg tools
Color refers to type of hero if im not mistaken. For example thor has a card with a green fist icon. You need to play one of these to trigger the effect of another green fist card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gracefultime wrote:

They have the little symbol on the top left corner; so despite the fact that they don't have the border around them, yes, they do count just like those with borders around them. Hope this helps!

This is correct - most or maybe all of the Rare cards have a class symbol in the corner. They work just like any other card of that color - they just have full card artwork to stand out I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
gracefultime wrote:

This is correct - most or maybe all of the Rare cards have a class symbol in the corner. They work just like any other card of that color - they just have full card artwork to stand out I guess.

Oh, so each symbol will always be a certain color? Didn't notice that before. Why didn't they just say for each symbol then? The color blind people would have appreciated it, and it would have been less confusing, for me at least...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malfactor wrote:
Color refers to type of hero if im not mistaken. For example thor has a card with a green fist icon. You need to play one of these to trigger the effect of another green fist card.

I believe you are mistaken

-Munch "do not have the game in front of me to verify" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Deignan
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malfactor wrote:

Actually, my understanding of the rules is that if you have a card with a green fist icon on it (such as "green fist: +2 attack") you need to have played a green fist card BEFORE you play the card with the attack bonus for the attack bonus to trigger. (Page 11 of rulebook, "Superpower Ability.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two places that the symbols appear: in the upper left corner of the card, just below the team icon (if any), indicating the class, and thus the color of the card. To go back to the example earlier of Thor's rare, this card has the blue Ranged icon in the upper left corner, indicating that it's a Ranged, and therefore Blue, card. Another example is Hulk's rare, which has the Green Fist in the upper left corner, indicating it's a Strength class card, and therefore Green.

The other place the icons appear (so far always matching the class of the card, but I suspect this could change with expansions) is in the effect text of the card. In this area, it indicates an added effect if that class of card had been played earlier in the turn - IE, with Hulk's rare, it gives and additional +5 Attack if another Strength card had been played earlier in the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
Oh, so each symbol will always be a certain color? Didn't notice that before. Why didn't they just say for each symbol then? The color blind people would have appreciated it, and it would have been less confusing, for me at least...

I think (but am in no way sure) that this might have to do with the fact that an early version of the game had coloured circles instead of class symbols (you can find some early card scans that feature the coloured circles). This was changed into symbols in part to help colour blind players.

The rules text might be a holdover from the coloured-circle version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
ferris1971 wrote:

I think (but am in no way sure) that this might have to do with the fact that an early version of the game had coloured circles instead of class symbols (you can find some early card scans that feature the coloured circles). This was changed into symbols in part to help colour blind players.

The rules text might be a holdover from the coloured-circle version of the game.

Confirmation? No one seems terribly sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
Color = Hero type

there's an example in the rulebook

definitely every instance of color shoudl have been replaced with hero type to keep it consistent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

As on page 11, "A card's hero class is shown with the class icon in that card's upper left, and also in the color of the card's border."

In other words, a Hero card's color and its "hero class" are the same thing. Every Hero card with a blue border has the Blue "Ranged Hero" icon in the upper-left, and every card with that "Ranged Hero" icon in the upper-left is considered a blue card. So Thor's rare card "God of Thunder" is a blue card, for example, because it has the blue "Ranged Hero" icon in the upper-left.

All the best,

Devin Low meeple
Designer, Legendary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Do shield heroes count as their own color?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaGigolo wrote:
Do shield heroes count as their own color?

Yes, they are considered to be gray and count as their own color when counting colors for Captain America's cards, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Whitt
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So how many possible colors are there? I don't have my cards on hand, but I know there is yellow, green, red, blue and grey. Is there also a black, or is the black and grey the same? Mostly, I'm talking about SHIELD agents and tech heroes. The rule book has them listed differently, so I would assume there is 6 total colors... is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
isobar wrote:
So how many possible colors are there? I don't have my cards on hand, but I know there is yellow, green, red, blue and grey. Is there also a black, or is the black and grey the same? Mostly, I'm talking about SHIELD agents and tech heroes. The rule book has them listed differently, so I would assume there is 6 total colors... is that right?

There are six colors:
Red - Covert
Green - Strength
Yellow - Instinct
Blue - Ranged
Black - Tech
Gray - Generic SHIELD heroes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not the colors that matter; it's the classes really. Rumor has it that there was a late change from colors to classes to help people who are color blind. Unfortunately, the game still has some old mentions of colors (like Captain America's cards) that didn't get changed to classes in time for manufacturing. But you can basically substitute "color" for "class" in almost ever case.

Tech is black.
Covert is red.
Instinct is yellow.
Ranged is blue.
Strength is green.
SHIELD heroes (except Nick Fury) are gray. Gray is not the same as black.

So 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.