Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to order two of them which 2 and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Last Will, but is is pretty different.

The other two are fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played Kingdom Builder.
Last Will is quirky fun. You don't seem to have many (any?) WP games, and this is a fine if ideosyncratic introduction to them. It seems that you like games with theme, and for a Euro this has plenty -- indeed it is my 'introduction to Eurogames for people who are afraid they will be too dry and boring' game. If they find this too dry, then, yes they can conclude that pretty much any Euro will be too dry for them, which is always nice to discover early.
I am no big fan of the TTR series, though I like TTR:Nordic Countries, and play TTR: Switzerland on occasion. You don't seem to have any TTR either. I think that TTR Europe is the weakest game of the lot, with the least amount of replay value, so I'd not hesitate to put that one back on the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Will is good, clean Euro fun without the brain burning hurt. It's quite unique, has a theme that shines through, and has tons of humor. I'd definitely choose this one first.

For your second game, I'd choose TTR:E if you don't already have TTR AND want a gateway game. It's wonderful for non-gamers.

Kingdom Builder is a good abstract with more going on under the hood than first appears. It's a very good game but entirely devoid of theme, which makes it a harder sell to non-gamers. I like it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McClure
United States
Fowler
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KB is great fun and scales from two to four pretty well. I've never done Last Will, but I've heard good things about it.

TTR Europe may be the most 'expendable' of the three, especially if you have other TTR games. I love TTR but Europe is well down the list in terms of popularity in our house.

My wife and I play KB all the time, and it definitely is deeper than people give it credit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fuhrmann
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many people will normally be playing with you? I haven't played Last Will, but have played TTR: Europe and Kingdom Builder. IMO, TTR Europe really adds a lot of strategic depth to the original version. I'd definitely get this one!

We did not like Kingdom Builder at all with 2. We felt the board was too big to be competitive with 2. We played it later with 5, and it was a completely different experience. I think you would really need 4-5 to make this good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.