Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been searching for a decent playmat for LOTR LCG. I found a few and they are pretty good, but a lot of them used too many dark colors. I found another one, but it didn't have a threat and willpower area to track what your party has contributed to the current threat that is in the staging area. Lately my friends and I have been using dice to calculate our willpower contribution, so we dont have to keep going back and forth asking what our final number is. I put a track here so I would be able to put tokens, or if I had rings, to place on the numbers to indicate the current willpower and threat. I am posting this to help get feedback on what would be useful to put on the playmat. The final product I will sumbit the PDF for all to download if you so choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Sansom
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AWTama wrote:
I've been searching for a decent playmat for LOTR LCG. I found a few and they are pretty good, but a lot of them used too many dark colors. I found another one, but it didn't have a threat and willpower area to track what your party has contributed to the current threat that is in the staging area. Lately my friends and I have been using dice to calculate our willpower contribution, so we dont have to keep going back and forth asking what our final number is. I put a track here so I would be able to put tokens, or if I had rings, to place on the numbers to indicate the current willpower and threat. I am posting this to help get feedback on what would be useful to put on the playmat. The final product I will sumbit the PDF for all to download if you so choose.

Not to push my own design too much, but we use this file and a 12- or 20-sided die to keep track of the current questing power represented and place it on the turn order section of the playmat.

----------------
Ajax013's Other PnP & Update Projects
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wargrave
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am always interested in this and peoples design.

I use a spare War of the ring board I have.

I play solo - double handed - and the layout works quite nicely.

Top left - the event cards - I use for encounter deck and discards.

Bottom left - Hunt for ring cards spots - I use for my left hand player decks and discard pile

Bottom right - shadow events - I use for my right hand player decks and discard pile

Top right - fellow ship of ring - I storemy victory points

The fellowship track works quiet nicely to count the rounds

You then have the rest of board to layout as you wish - which is obviously middle earth! I have a clear plastic business card holder which holds the current quest card upright in the middle part of board so it is always 'present'

The strongholds on the left I use as the counter area.

Works quiet well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.