Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald
United States
Freeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought the 2004 edition of Villa Paletti second hand. When it arrived the bottom cardboard that the tower is built upon had a slight bow (warping to it).

Does anyone have any suggetions to remove it? I've tried putting large books on it to straighten, but to no avail. I thought about cutting a piece of veneer to size and gluing the carboard down but was afraid the glue may exacerbate the issue.

Thanks for any suggestions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wally Jones
United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play without it.

It really serves no purpose other than giving players a guideline for initial pillar placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
The bases (and pieces) are supposed to be irregular. It adds to the difficulty and unpredictability of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald
United States
Freeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you for the comments.

I wanted to keep/fix it to keep the spacing reasonable during initial set-up.

Playing w/ the warped board does add a challenge. Unfortunately, if you get a color of column that is on the high spot, those pillars aren't moving w/o a crash.

I think I'll incorporate both comments- play w/o the board initially, then for advanced play, use the warped board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in this first image you will notice they have a thin plexiglass sheet over the base to take the warp out while allowing them to use the visual reference of the base

in the bottom photo my kids are holding what I use to flatten something that does not want to get flat, I have learned that a 3 pound book does not work to well. This bullet proof glass can even straighten warped cards if left under it for a few weeks

So sometimes it might take a stack of books. good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.