Subject: I know you are out there! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Ramirez

Seymour
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I am a pretty hardcore thrifter. And I know that I have competition. I live in the Green Bay area and hit up all the local thrift stores. Has anyone ever ran into their thrift rival? If so was it a good thing. I would like to trade info with a fellow thrifter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Have you actually found anything worth while? I tend to keep an eye out in the greater Fox Valley area and frankly it's hard to find anything but junk... every once in a while I'll see a garage sale with $60 magic cards but that's about it.

Now I will say I tend to only look for games that I'd either like or that would make trade fodder so I don't know how much "competition" I'd be if you're just looking to grab good deals on games for gifts to nephews and the like.

We do have 4+ major thrift stores in our area however we also have 2-3 major games stores and I'm pretty sure they keep tabs on the thrifted games as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ramirez

Seymour
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found some really good stuff. Last week I found Catan with expansion for $5 total. I usually have to be pretty vigilant though. Like two or three times a week vigilant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.