GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,201 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Will there be expansions for this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe no-one knows the answer to that yet, but I do love the graphics from the show (vs. the artwork on the original AGOT LCG) and the idea that the game is streamlined for 2p. Any chance we'll see more houses for this HBO version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it sells well I'm sure the possibility is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Chuff Ape (Keyforge)
mbmbmbmbmb
It does not seem to be the original intention. It seems to be geared more toward the fans of the show then to usual gamers. It appears that shifting anybody who falls in love with the game to the LCG would make most sense.

You are right, I don't think any of us knows at this point but it seems unlikely to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
τὰ ὄντα ἰέναι τε πάντα καὶ μένειν οὐδέν
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it sells well there's absolutely nothing preventing them from doing an expansion based on season 2, with another 32 plot cards based on season 2 events/scenes and 100 house cards for House Greyjoy or House Baratheon or whatever. Just don't expect them to release more Lannister or Stark cards, as I don't think that the intent here would be to promote deckbuilding, even in a more limited Summoner Wars-ish way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Carnevale
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We weren't introduced enough characters to justify a Greyjoy deck, and Robert Baratheon has for example been used as a neutral character. My feeling is that there won't be any expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Solaris wrote:
We weren't introduced enough characters to justify a Greyjoy deck, and Robert Baratheon has for example been used as a neutral character. My feeling is that there won't be any expansion.

At some point we're going to see enough characters for Greyjoy and Targaryen at the very least. Martell will take longer (season 4?), but eventually it'll get there, too.

Still, expansions don't seem very likely. We shall all wait and see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
I could definitely see Targaryen and Baratheon (Stannis) decks in the future if they're doing season 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
τὰ ὄντα ἰέναι τε πάντα καὶ μένειν οὐδέν
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solaris wrote:

If they were to release decks based on season 2 I imagine a Baratheon deck would be of a flaming red heart variety.

And despite his being a pretty major character in s1, Theon doesn't get a mention in the game at all.

You can have a 'feeling', but that's all it is.

manutd03 wrote:
Still, expansions don't seem very likely. We shall all wait and see.

If it does poorly there will be no expansions. If it does well, there will. No matter what, there will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Vista
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What am I, the Amazing Kreskin? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
manutd03 wrote:
Maybe no-one knows the answer to that yet, but I do love the graphics from the show (vs. the artwork on the original AGOT LCG) and the idea that the game is streamlined for 2p. Any chance we'll see more houses for this HBO version?

so i sent an email to FFG asking, and they replied back that:

"we have a firm policy not to discuss our future release, one way or the other."

i know its not exactly helpful, but i figure that if the game sells well (and people request expansions) they will make them. FFG is in the business of making money afterall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see an expansion with two more decks for this. Based on this, I bought the LCG core set so I could get into the 4-player game, but the HBO version is great about having much more approachable art, more streamlined rules, and significantly more streamlined decks out of the box ready to play. I'd love it if they'd ship a second box w/ a Baratheon and Targaryen decks, using show art, streamlined text and rules again, plus the 4-player ruleset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Walker
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I get the feeling from playing the HBO edition that you're really playing out the plot of the first season. Rather than putting out a Baratheon and Targayren deck, I'd like to see a "Season Two" expansion with a Baratheon deck and new cards for the Stark (Brienne of Tarth, Roose Bolton, Etc.) and Lannister decks (Ser Loras and Margery Tyrell, etc.).

Honestly, until (I assume) the end of the third or fourth season there just aren't enough characters to justify a Targayren deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bahimiron wrote:
And despite his being a pretty major character in s1, Theon doesn't get a mention in the game at all.

He is in the Stark deck:

Theon Greyjoy. Ally. Cost 2. Strength 2. Military and Power. Theon Greyjoy gets +1 strength while you control at least one LORD character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.