6 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Modular board? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Martinez
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under information on BGG, it is notes that the board is modular. Looking at the video, the game itself looks like it takes place in the same arena. To me a modular board is a board like, Dust Tactics, Last Night on Earth, Claustrophobia, and Descent. Games where the tiles that make the board change from game to game. Did i miss something in the Kingdom Death video? Is the one main board the only arena the game takes place in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickaël Rémondière
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering the same thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Elmaskador75 wrote:
Under information on BGG, it is notes that the board is modular. Looking at the video, the game itself looks like it takes place in the same arena. To me a modular board is a board like, Dust Tactics, Last Night on Earth, Claustrophobia, and Descent. Games where the tiles that make the board change from game to game. Did i miss something in the Kingdom Death video? Is the one main board the only arena the game takes place in?

Looking at the image at the bottom of the KS page (that shows lots of squares with the carved faces), and the brief line drawing of the arena near the end of the video (which shows the same squares with small faces and then a larger carved face) I'm wondering if "modular" means these are all individual tiles you just place side by side to form the play area. Mind you, it says on the KS info that the game board is meant to be 3' x 2' but the board shown is a lot smaller than that, so maybe there are a few variant regions (or maybe they're saving those for future expansions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Weidus
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's stated the board shown is what he uses for inhouse testing. The real thing is 3' x 2'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Poots
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
My apology, I have removed the entry.

The game has evolved a lot from when I first started this BGG page. Sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Mustermann
msg tools
This topic is a little old, but I think my questions fits well here.

As I have read here, the gameboard is currently getting colored. So we can assume that it's not a sculped, but a normal flat gameboard. Is this correct?

In the gameplayvideos there are sculpted demoboards. I'd really like to play the game with its fantastic miniatures on an equally great gameboard. Will there be sculpted gameboards or their molds for sale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.