Popular Tags: [View All]
fido
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,
I got my Griffin ass handed to me yesterday...the abberation is a tough nut and if you miss all the time on those hybrids as well....let's say it was less fun than expected..
Off course that's scenario bound with the difference in rank you can choose but it sucked none the less...
Anyway, at a certain point charnel house came into play as an event, I used it to block Los between our two faction and we both placed a model in skilled firing behind it..my opponent then destroyed the charnel house and we saw each other...who gets to shoot first at who?

And how do you calculate if you're in reach for the aura aptitude? 8 squaresaway from ambrosius but can that be 8 diagonal squares as you would move if you could? There isn't enough space for that I know but you know what I mean right? Or do you have to count them like the steps of a pyramid..down 2, 1 right,down 1, right 1, down 1 etc...halving the use of conviction...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's deal with the easy stuff first.

Aura Range:
You probably mean Conviction as Ambrosius Aura range is only 2, but they are measured the same.
For these ranges you can measure diagonally, counting each diagonal square as 1. See the diagramm for Auras on page 30 of the rulebook.

Skilled Firing:
You like the hard questions eh?
The game does not take simultanious revelations into account, as such there are no definite rules for this. In see two possibilities dealing with a situation like this.
1) You can only fire at fighters being "active" in your field of view.
So here the Griffin would fire at the Scorpion fighter that destroyed the Charnel House (he's still active after all), then the Scorpion in Skilled Firing would fire at the Griffin and finally the Griffin, if he killed the first Scorpion and suffered no wound and thus is still in Skilled Firing would fire at the Scorpion that fired at him. If the Griffin can not see the fighter that destroyed the Charnel House noone would fire.
2) While the game provides two sets of Skilled Firing counters I suggest you only use one set between you and your opponent. Thus you can easily follow the rules of resolving Skilled Firing in the order of the numbers on the counters, lowest first. (This is the version I prefer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fido
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So if i'm reading you right, and i think i am! this guy would've benefitted from his Conviction that everything is A-OK as long as Ambrosius is around...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good.
Keep in mind that you do not count the square Ambrosius is on, so in your picture the Purifier is only 6 squares away from Ambrosisus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fido
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay thanx..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.