Popular Tags: [View All]
mak
United Kingdom
London
Much Hadham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card named "One Small Step" says that you take the VP bonus of the second box, meaning for example that if a box gives a 4/2 bonus, you take the 2 VP. What about the second player that reaches the box? Does he also take 2 VP or 4 VP instead? Or have i got it wrong and it means that by jumping two boxes on the space race, you only take the bonus from the second box? A little help here!!!soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
It means the second box you land on on the space race. So if you skip over the 4/2 box, you don't get 4 or 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak
United Kingdom
London
Much Hadham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So does that mean that you don't take the bonus from the first box at all, even if it isn't VP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
You skip over one box (i.e. move two spaces forward) on the space race track. If the space you skipped had a VP award (e.g. 4/2) you don't get it. You still count as the first player over it, if applicable, so your opponent still only gets 2 VP when he gets there. If the space you skipped has a non-VP effect, that still works as normal - i.e. the effect stops for your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mak
United Kingdom
London
Much Hadham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stanislav Zhorin
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
And that's why!
badge
And that's why!
mbmbmbmbmb
turbothy wrote:
You skip over one box (i.e. move two spaces forward) on the space race track. If the space you skipped had a VP award (e.g. 4/2) you don't get it. You still count as the first player over it, if applicable, so your opponent still only gets 2 VP when he gets there. If the space you skipped has a non-VP effect, that still works as normal.

You cannot be first to claim award for skipped box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
So even though your opponent is the second to pass the 4/2 box, he still gets 4 VP? I didn't know that.

(Anyway, if you use One Small Step to skip the 4/2 box, you need your head examined.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turbothy wrote:
So even though your opponent is the second to pass the 4/2 box, he still gets 4 VP? I didn't know that.

(Anyway, if you use One Small Step to skip the 4/2 box, you need your head examined.)

Maybe you were forced to play it by Missile Envy? At least your opponent's hand sucks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
New York City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
turbothy wrote:

You can't play One Small Step unless you're behind on the space race. So this question is moot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Duh. Thanks, Edward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.