Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/22/saudi-arabia-implement...

Quote:
RIYADH — Denied the right to travel without consent from their male guardians and banned from driving, women in Saudi Arabia are now monitored by an electronic system that tracks any cross-border movements.

Since last week, Saudi women’s male guardians began receiving text messages on their phones informing them when women under their custody leave the country, even if they are travelling together.

I find this really creepy.

We have got to get off of using their oil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people are projecting that we'll outproduce Saudi Arabia and Russia by 2017:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/12/us-iea-oil-report-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Quote:
RIYADH — Denied the right to travel without consent from their male guardians and banned from driving, women in Saudi Arabia are now monitored by an electronic system that tracks any cross-border movements.

Since last week, Saudi women’s male guardians began receiving text messages on their phones informing them when women under their custody leave the country, even if they are travelling together.

You have to get off being friendly with them at all. The relationship between the US and Saudi makes any humanitarian arguments from the US wildly hypocritical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are they tagged?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Ken Salazar will make sure we don't.

Is this the USA's new dictator?

One of many administration officials made into boogeymen by conservatives' fevered imaginations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Ramadanovic
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Ken Salazar will make sure we don't.

Is this the USA's new dictator?

EU manages to underproduce its hydrocarbons by something like order of magnitude without having a dictator...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nothing but static
New Zealand
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Quote:

what are you, a republican or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
bramadan wrote:
EU manages to underproduce its hydrocarbons by something like order of magnitude without having a dictator...

Sorry, I can't comprehend that sentence at all.

You can't comprehend it because you think the EU has a dictator? You can't comprehend it because you don't think the EU is underproducing its hydrocarbons? You don't comprehend production? You don't comprehend hydrocarbons?

I thought it was an incredibly simple sentence to comprehend, especially in the context of the earlier question regarding Ken Salazar being the possible dictator of the U.S.A. Of course, I have studied Bojan's posts for years, and, as one example, knew how to spell his name long before you did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:
You can't comprehend it because you think the EU has a dictator? You can't comprehend it because you don't think the EU is underproducing its hydrocarbons? You don't comprehend production? You don't comprehend hydrocarbons?

I thought it was an incredibly simple sentence to comprehend, especially in the context of the earlier question regarding Ken Salazar being the possible dictator of the U.S.A. Of course, I have studied Bojan's posts for years, and, as one example, knew how to spell his name long before you did.

For one, I don't know how someone "produces" hdyrocarbons. If we were able to, I believe less people would be worried about the limited availability of oil. But maybe consume, the opposite of produce, was meant, although then I wonder why that's a bad thing.
Secondly, "order of magnitude" is a quantifier in need of a reference. The way it stands would be like if I said, Mr. Cranky is as stupid as a thousand.
Thirdly, I was under the impression Angela Merkel was the dictator of Europe.

But don't get me wrong here, I'm fully aware your reply wasn't meant to be helpful; rather you were just venting on me, probably because you just got "owned" by a 14-year old boy in one of the online video games you always play and your wife doesn't allow you to shout profanity in the living room. Good for you though, as you've already collected a "thumbs up" from Darillian for your comment, albeit solely for its abasing subtext, because he hatches an apathy towards me ever since I made fun of the hissy fit he threw after he mistook somebody else's comment as an accusation of racism.
I suggest you look at the latest budget discussions to determine if Merkel is a dictator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
For one, I don't know how someone "produces" hdyrocarbons.

Orright, the story here is that there's crude oil and suchlike, and there's the capacity to take a certain maximum amount out of the ground and turn it into products like petrol. Now yer European types don't do the maximum possible raw mineral stuffs to finished product that it is possible for them to do with their current infrastructure. Rather, they do an order o' magnitude less, which Josh and Bojan determined using a slide rule.

And that is my tale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:

But don't get me wrong here, I'm fully aware your reply wasn't meant to be helpful; rather you were just venting on me, probably because you just got "owned" by a 14-year old boy in one of the online video games you always play and your wife doesn't allow you to shout profanity in the living room. Good for you though, as you've already collected a "thumbs up" from Darillian for your comment, albeit solely for its abasing subtext, because he hatches an apathy towards me ever since I made fun of the hissy fit he threw after he mistook somebody else's comment as an accusation of racism.

You can't even spell "Darilian" properly, and he puts it in every post. Do you pay ANY attention? I don't think so. Well, except to who's thumbing everybody. That certainly matters to you. My wife wants me to tell you she thinks you're a fucktard. Her words. No, really, I would never make that shit up. She said it right in the living room. I am used to it. Meanwhile, do try to figure out what bramadan is saying--it's so much more interesting than seven hundred orders of your posts' magnitude. kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
For one, I don't know how someone "produces" hdyrocarbons.

Orright, the story here is that there's crude oil and suchlike, and there's the capacity to take a certain maximum amount out of the ground and turn it into products like petrol. Now yer European types don't do the maximum possible raw mineral stuffs to finished product that it is possible for them to do with their current infrastructure. Rather, they do an order o' magnitude less, which Josh and Bojan determined using a slide rule.

And that is my tale.

That is a very good tale indeed, but I would hasten to add that in Simon/Curt's case a very, very good way to have *him* produce some hydrocarbons would be to bury him as deeply as possible in the Earth's mantle, and allow the intense pressure of the dirt packed into the hole behind him (as influenced by the gravitational pull of our collective Mother) to condense his frail and almost entirely superfluous physical form into a teeny, tiny puddle of hydrocarbons. Some time may be required, and of course some discomfort, but if anybody deserves it for his inability to parse a simple fucking sentence, well, I guess he does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.