Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Stanley
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire, UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does Hal have to pay success points (as per the standard rules) each time he builds over a higher numbered tile with a lower numbered tile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
talitha2 wrote:
Does Hal have to pay success points (as per the standard rules) each time he builds over a tile with a lower numbered tile?

YES.

It is not stated in the rules, but I think yes ... it is a normal move so he has to pay for it like in a two player game. The only ressources he collect are victory points, so he also has to pay with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Georges
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan Kane wrote:
talitha2 wrote:
Does Hal have to pay success points (as per the standard rules) each time he builds over a tile with a lower numbered tile?

YES.

It is not stated in the rules, but I think yes ... it is a normal move so he has to pay for it like in a two player game. The only ressources he collect are victory points, so he also has to pay with it.

The right answer is NO. Hal does not pay success points when he builds over a tile with a lower numbered tile.

Sorry ... because it's not stated in the rules. soblue

I know, Hal is not kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stanley
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire, UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Many thanks, Xavier, for your prompt reply.

I am now very much enjoying the solo version of your Ginkgopolis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Georges
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
talitha2 wrote:
Many thanks, Xavier, for your prompt reply.

I am now very much enjoying the solo version of your Ginkgopolis.

You're welcome ! Have fun !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Garlaschini
Italy
Cava Manara
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think That Hal also doesn't have to pay 1 success point if construct a floor on a different color tile. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C, Arnold III
United States
Roswell
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when you build a different color over a tile you pay a resource not a success point. Hal has unlimited resources so does not matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Wolfe
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timeroler wrote:
Hal has unlimited resources so does not matter.

Do not think that is correct, for 2 reasons...

Rules page 6 says:

1. Hal has access to all the resources (the general supply is his personal supply).
This is a 2 player solo game so I think Hal has access to 25 of his resources right from the start.

2. The game ends... , or when Hal has exhausted his resources.
Again, referring to Hal's resources not being unlimited.

Only difference might be Hall has access to all the general supply (see point #1) resources and the rules say to put all resources, not behind your screen, in a general supply.

That being said, Hal's resources would then be 44 from the start, but I don't feel that is correct since his resources are used as a timer.

I think the whole meaning is Hall has access to all 25 resources of his at the beginning of the game, unlike the solo player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfe13 wrote:
timeroler wrote:
Hal has unlimited resources so does not matter.

Do not think that is correct

I think the whole meaning is Hall has access to all 25 resources of his at the beginning of the game, unlike the solo player.

I agree with this interpretation that Hal has access to his 25 resources right from the start of the game. Since this is the case, then it would make no sense for Hal to lose a resource when he builds over a different color tile. He always has access to his general supply (which is, in fact, the same as his personal supply). Therefore, he would just be losing a resource and returning it to himself, which would have no effect on his available resources. I hope this is correct because that's how I played it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jer Wolfe
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also I do make Hal pay success points.

Had to many games where he just put down a high # on the early turns and how he seems to have a lot of level 3 and more than a few, of level 4 buildings... Lol

Coupled with the fact I have never won, and Hall has finished 20+ points more than me, I feel it is warranted for balance... YRMV, but I have won my fair share, finally .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.