Subject: A question about discard an item or card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joan Altamirano
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello sorry I started a new thread but I guess it works better this way.

I have some doubts with the "discard a card" thing, specially with Ashcam Pete's ability.

When you discard a card, you return it to the bottom of the deck right? So in the case of Items and Spells you put it in the bottom so Pete can draw it? Or when you discard it you remove it from the game or "return to the box" as some cards state?

If so when you buy items from the store and the shop you draw 3 items and discard 2, so you can put in the bottom the one you choose so Pete can draw it later???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
discard = put to bottom of the stack

Only return to the box when the card states it specifically.
e.g. After using elder signs, when a Mythos Rumour resolves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When drawing more than one card and choosing which to keep, I always put the discarded cards back in the same order that I drew them rather than choosing the order. This way I have less control over what Ashcan is able to draw from the bottom of the deck, which seems like cheating to me. I know of no official rule on this, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Altamirano
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brayle wrote:
When drawing more than one card and choosing which to keep, I always put the discarded cards back in the same order that I drew them rather than choosing the order. This way I have less control over what Ashcan is able to draw from the bottom of the deck, which seems like cheating to me. I know of no official rule on this, however.

I like this way better, thanks for the recommendation, I also don't like to cheat that's why I always when I have some doubts about rulings I choose the path that is worse for the player than for the Ancient Ones, that way I think I'm not cheating to myself (when solo gaming)

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brayle wrote:
I know of no official rule on this, however.

AH pg. 23: "If two or more game effects happen simultaneously, the
players choose the order in which they occur. If the
players cannot agree, the first player decides."

Perfectly legal to maximize Pete's ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:
brayle wrote:
I know of no official rule on this, however.

AH pg. 23: "If two or more game effects happen simultaneously, the
players choose the order in which they occur. If the
players cannot agree, the first player decides."

Perfectly legal to maximize Pete's ability.
Indeed. Game's hard enough after all.

General rule of thumb: if doing something makes you feel dirty (in a bad way ) - don't do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.