Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was wondering if anyone had any guesses or conjecture about the expansion. They say they will be revealing more info about release or a kickstarter or whatever come the new year. But how big do you think this is going to be? Is anyone expecting more new zombie types besides the toxic zombies? Maybe a toxic abomination?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
So I was wondering if anyone had any guesses or conjecture about the expansion. They say they will be revealing more info about release or a kickstarter or whatever come the new year. But how big do you think this is going to be? Is anyone expecting more new zombie types besides the toxic zombies? Maybe a toxic abomination?

Maybe new rules for the existing abomination to give him more teeth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:

What is known for sure:

There will be at least one new zombie type (they had them on show at GenCon).
There will be more spawn cards (they say so on their website in the blog entry about tweaking the spawn deck).

What can be assumed from the name of the expansion:

There will be Mall tiles.
There will be 'toxic zombies'.

What was implied during the Kickstarter for the base game:

There will be a game mechanic that turns Survivors into Zombivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think Scott has pretty much got it bang on! Anybody got any guesses on how many tiles they will release with it? They obviously need to make a mall but could possibly incorporate some of the existing tiles with road on the outer edges. It seems they might be gearing up for a big release if they're considering a Kickstarter (which I hope they are and I hope gives people another chance to get some of the promo characters).

I definitely think there needs to be some better rules for the Abomination as he just isn't scary at the moment. He's a pain but that's about it. Thinking about some house rules for him like kills a survivor outright with attack and ignores tough (no controlling him with Nick!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Knop
Brazil
Juiz de Fora
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
badge
No disassemble! Vídeos de Partidas Completas Passo a Passo
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it do not increase the game complexity. The game is fine as is.

May be toxic zombies and former survivors act like the purple disease in Pandemic: it adds a simple, but unpredictable behaviour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Knop
Brazil
Juiz de Fora
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
badge
No disassemble! Vídeos de Partidas Completas Passo a Passo
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
(...) Maybe new rules for the existing abomination to give him more teeth?

An unkillable zombie for major part of game scares me a lot. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would imagine probably six tiles. It seems enough to expand a small mall without matching the original game for content. I also hope there's more than one sculpt for the toxic zombie.

Oh, and for a stretch goal if it is a kickstarter, maybe a female runner for a bit more variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

A semi-coop option would be great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:

I'd like to see "wounded" cards have a flipside that says "infected."

After your second wound you flip them over to see if you will... return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe toxic walkers and toxic runners will spawn with walker+ or runner+ symbols to match abomination= fattie+ symbol, on spawn cards.

Maybe zombivors are runner+ spawns, 3 actions with weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
Maybe toxic walkers and toxic runners will spawn with walker+ or runner+ symbols to match abomination= fattie+ symbol, on spawn cards.

Maybe zombivors are runner+ spawns, 3 actions with weapons.

That is quite possible.

It's certainly the case that what has been seen of the Toxic Zombies seems to imply some kind of link between them and the Abomination (in that they too have appear to have spikey bits).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree they look similar with their spiky bits, but thematically it seems they are quite different. The spiky bits on the toxic zombies look very organic, like they have sprouted from their bodies. The spiky bits on the abomination are just glass imbedded in the zombie's body, which is much clearer on the drawings they did of the abomination rather than the sculpt.

Maybe they just think all zombies look better spiky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El Duderino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno, but I can tell you what I'd LIKE to see.

Another type of Fatty, even just 4 minis would add some variety.

The zombies in the base game are great, but I wanna see grosser zombies. Compound fractures, ruptured guts hanging out, near decapitation, the good stuff. Though the ones in the game are beautifully sculpted, but they all look like a bunch of hipsters with a bad case of scabies.

"Crawlers". (My friends and I are talking about a way to include them in the game). Just crawling, gut dragging zombie torsos that can sneak up on unsuspecting survivors.

I'd also like to see some things that makes the game more thematic and less "arcady" for some scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Survivors with 3 actions would be difficult as hell! I'm looking forward to it Like that they may be thematically linked to the Abomination who I really hope gets some better rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kobold Kommander
msg tools
Zombie pie fight.

Tom Savini survivor.

The Gonk (http://youtu.be/3WZha_LHVS8) noise tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Zomb'ivor version of Rick....I mean Phil.... was posted and appears to have a gun so interested to find out whether they will be able to use the weapons they are pictured with. Wanda has her chainsaw above her head but Machete....I mean El Cholo.... is dragging his machete's behind him. I'm thinking there may be some sort of escalating infection so maybe at first they remain mostly in your control but after certain conditions are met (maybe a number of turns) they go over completely to being zombies and hopefully lose control of their weapons!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lochi wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

A semi-coop option would be great

Friendly, but moody zombivors?

I picture the zombivors simply as replacements for killed survivors.

If you die, you swap the side. Just like in Eaten by Zombies!.

The probability of dying might get higher. And killing you as a zombivor might get damn hard, as you haven't got that far yet on your way to an entirely "mindless state of mind".
You can still think strategically, even though with a certain amount of failures (increasing, steered with the help of dice).

It would be so cool to find a proper way of actually playing/experiencing this horrifying CHANGE!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken K
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
Zombie pie fight.

Tom Savini survivor.

...and some way to check your blood pressure during a zombie fight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They just posted a shot (a rather crappy shot) of the rest of the promo survivor minis. I'm not too sure since it's pretty far in the back, but it seems Claudia's Zombivor is actually using different weapons altogether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems to be true for Eagle Chaz as well (goes from dual pistols to a single SMG).

Left to right:
Cardboard Tube Samurai + Zombivor CTS (green), Eva + Zombivor Eva (yellow), Zombivor Dave (yellow, foreground), Ivy + Zombivor Ivy (orange), Zombivor Nick (snot green, foreground), Claudia + Zombivor Claudia (pink), Zombivor Chaz + Eagle Chaz (black), Zombivor El Cholo (brown, foreground), Zombivor Marvin + Marvin Redfield (blue), Zombivor Troy + Troy (dark brown).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like quite how 'active' some of those Zombivors look...

(but only in the sense of what it might mean game mechanics wise)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This picture just makes me cry thinking of all the promo survivors that I've missed cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
This picture just makes me cry thinking of all the promo survivors that I've missed cry

How much do you want them, Jonah, how much?

(or, in other words, how much are you willing to give me for them when they arrive?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the £500 I know you've been offered for the full set with the game! I want them a LOT but depends on cost. Knew there were some extra survivors to come but didn't realise how many until I saw this picture! Will barter with you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
I don't like quite how 'active' some of those Zombivors look...

(but only in the sense of what it might mean game mechanics wise)

I'm wondering about that myself. Why do zombies need weapons? I figured the first few they previewed with weapons were just there thematically, none of them seemed to be using the weapons. But it seems like all the later sculpts they did have the zombivors aiming guns and being all sentient... Not very zombie-like at all.

On a side note, holy cow! I guess I forgot how many figures we still have coming to us from the Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.