Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One variation in various rule sets for Mia is the following: What happens if the cup is passed all the way around the table and back to the original roller?

I've seen two different rules:

A. If the original roller wishes to pass the cup (as opposed to calling a bluff or re-rolling), then he can do so but must call a HIGHER dice value than the current call.

(Note: some groups play that EVERY passing of the cup by ANY player requires calling a higher value for the dice. Obviously in this case, rule A is nothing special. See my separate BGG posting "Rule variation #1" for some info on this rule variation.)

B. The original roller can pass as usual. However, the NEXT player (that is, the person who was the first to pass the cup originally) can NOT pass again -- players only get one pass each per call of the dice value. So, this player must either call the bluff or re-roll.

I'm curious which rule you play. Also, do you have a view as to which of the rules results in the better game play, and why?

Here is a poll:
Poll: Mia rule variation #2
If the dice cup gets passed all the way around the table back to the original roller, then we play that...
...the original roller can pass the cup, but only if he or she calls a higher dice value than the previous call.
...the original roller can pass the cup as usual but the NEXT player has NO option of passing.
      4 answers
Poll created by cdunc123

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.