Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently got the unofficial non-player Government rules from Troy a little while ago and decided to share a game or two I have played Solo by playing FARC and the game I am currently playing AUC. (I hope Troy doesn't mind that I am sharing this or Volko either).

The first game I played with the Government as a Non-Player faction. I played FARC, mainly because I figured that would be the best test to see how good a Non Player Government could be. As FARC is the biggest gun to go against the Government. Well, I'll keep that session report short as it ended after the second Prop. card in favor of a easy FARC win. It was easy only because the second Prop. Card came up one card after the First Prop. card had ended. And FARC had 30 Opp/Bases when it hit.

The second game, I made some small changes to the non-player Government rules, and decided to play AUC, as I thought it would be more of a challenge. And so far it's been a meat grinder:

The picture above is about 8 cards after the first Prop. card, I was doing really well and was in the lead, but then the Government went after me hard, and just sat troops in my main rally space, it was very difficult for me to Extort to get additional resources and for about 6-8 cards I was hovering aroun 1-2 resources each time it was my turn. In that time FARC and Cartels built up and were both threatening by being at or near their vicotry conditions.

This is the situation by about the 7th card after the 2nd Prop. card:

By this point FARC has been hit hard by me (AUC) and the Cartels, and no longer are quite as much of a threat, though after their last campaign of terror, they are creeping right back in to the thick of things. The Cartels are now in a commanding lead. I have just spread some of my AUC out to nestle in as many spots with Cartels in an attempt to knock them down on my next turn, as I will unleash my own campaign of terror. As you can see on the board, there are terror markers all over the place, as probably in the last 5 cards the Cartels, FARC, and myself have all unleashed the terror dog on the countryside--and I will be soon unleashing another vicious campaign on the rural areas. (My hardest task right now, as is always with AUC, is to try to take some FARC bases out as well.)

So far it has been a challenge to play the AUC--as much fun as it has been to play the Govt. in the regular Solo rules. We'll see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
So far it has been a challenge to play the AUC--as much fun as it has been to play the Govt. in the regular Solo rules. We'll see what happens.

That's great news!

About the earlier FARC player win, why not bar a solitaire Insurgent player from winning until after final Prop, just like a solo Govt?

vfr

PS: Solo Cuba Libre rules very close to ready for testing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh shoot, Volko, I bet I might have screwed that up. I think I forgot about waiting until the final Prop. card. Will have to try FARC again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
My solo session playing AUC has ended.

In the end:

Govt: 29 Support (-31)

FARC: 18 Opp/Bases (-7)

Cartels: 10 bases, 54 resources (0)

AUC: 6 bases, (-2)

I had played AUC, and could have hit the Cartels hard on the last card before the final Prop. Card but I of course had to do a limited operation and had I done what I wanted, Cartels and I would have been tied, which would still have meant a win for the Cartels. This was a fun game, but still some changes and rules need to be tweeked for the Govt Non-Player Faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.