Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I read the description of the advance and assault phase, it does not appear that units moving during the advance and assault phase are subject to opportunity fire. However, I wanted to confirm this was the case for the following situation.

If Player A's unit was not in sight of Player B's units during the movement and defensive fire phases, but moves into LOS during his one hex advance, can player B do opportunity fire by a unit that has not previously done opportunity or defensive fire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recall correctly, Opportunity fire happens during the Movement phase. So technically the Assault phase is not Movement phase...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Player
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hi,

I think for lack of better terminology, defensive fire at Assaulting units is factored into the Assault mechanics since the attacker takes casualties as well, unless the defenders are Pinned.....in that case the Attacker just moves into the Hex without casualties if I'm remembering correctly (Just read the rules tonight).

Regards, Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.