Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for solo WWII games. I would prefer something that isn't mind-numbingly complicated. Any help would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I am looking for solo WWII games. I would prefer something that isn't mind-numbingly complicated. Any help would be appreciated.

Field Commander: Rommel struck me as one of the easier solitaire games to both learn and play. Most of the other solitaire games I own are much more detailed and rules-oriented, which is something I actually prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hendricks
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite is Patton's Best. You play as a tank in Patton's 4th Army trying to survive each day while taking ground. That isn't an easy proposition as pretty much everything the Germans have is better than your thin armored, weak cannoned Sherman. I love it because the game seems to create its own story helped by crew members and tanks you can name, and with your crew members able to level up over time.

The rules are medium complexity with the rulebook being about 15 pages if I remember correctly (much of which is either for the campaign or special rules) . You'll find yourself consulting the rulebook often though since there are tons of special conditions and tables for those conditions (which I don't mind, but some do).

Those special conditions are often what make the game though, so I recommend not cutting them out. My first Sherman, The Green Menace, went up in a ball of flame because of the special rule that said Command had ordered me to carry 140 extra tank rounds for reserve for the platoon. The Captain was barely able to pull a wounded crewman free from the tank before the rounds ignited .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miller
Wales
Swansea
Neath Port Talbot
flag msg tools
badge
I iz a soot sprite.
mbmbmbmbmb
D-Day at Omaha Beach is being reprinted in April.

Also, check out Victory Point Games they seem to produce a lot of simple solo games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
D-Day Dice can be played solo, is fun and isn't too complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ade Lewis
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Have a look at Ambush!
It has expansions as well.
Can be tough to get hold of, but I've heard nothing but good about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bombadillo wrote:
D-Day Dice can be played solo, is fun and isn't too complicated.

I am tracking down a copy of that with the kickstarter material. I think I will like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.