Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been almost 3 months since the PledgeMe crowdfunding was successful (eeek!)... but I am so happy to finally announce that Plethora is ready for release. I had no idea how long production would take, so once again, thank you to all my pledgers for your patience during this process. The games will be sent out first thing Monday morning. Please allow up-to 2-3 weeks for international orders to be delivered.

As you may remember, I originally had a big issue with the tiles in the game. The first 5 copies I recieved weren't the best quality. However, the bulk amount that arrived yesterday are a lot better. While they're still not exactly what I was expecting, I feel they are of a good enough quality to sell.

I just want to finish with another huge 'thank you' to everyone who helped make this game a reality. I can't wait for you to receive your copies of Plethora. I look forward to hearing your comments and feedback on the game. Enjoy!

Shem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just made my purchase. Can't wait to try it out, looks like a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very happy to find this on my doorstep this morn!
About to set it up and give it a run through .. looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
minksling wrote:
Very happy to find this on my doorstep this morn!

TRIP... SBAM!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blackman
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived today too, board artwork looks great.

Well done & congrats Shem on getting another game released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What better way to start my weekend, coming back to a game on the door step.

Let's just hope wife didn't decide to try and wrap it up for xmas whistle

Congrats Shem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my game in the mail today. Components are very good quality. I can't wait to play this weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks Roger. I look forward to hearing your feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy and one of my tiles is a bit messed up.

It's not a big deal, but I'm minorly disappointed.

Another thing that bothers me slightly more is I was under the mistaken impression the frame would interlock and does not. I have not had the chance to play the game yet, but I set out the pieces on the table and any minor bump on the tiles for me resulted in a lot of movement I didn't expect.

I'm guessing that to make the frame into jigsaw type pieces that interlock would have made the project more expensive or else risk bad tolerances where the pieces wouldn't fit together at all. Until I play I don't know if this will be a real issue for me or simply my own OCD kicking in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch ... that is a bit of a nasty gouge

On the non-interlocked front; it, as I expected, lays out pretty much like my copy of Settlers of Catan (the earlier non jigsaw bordered version).
You do have to be a bit careful, but as long as you don't have players who like to bang every tile with their "meeple" as they travel across the board, or have sausage-fingers that blunder about when trying to collect the silver coins, you should be ok.

That said, my wife is a bit of a "tile-tapper" (which I must say ...ahem, my OCD rears its head ...drive's me a little crazy) - I'm more of a "pick up and place" - "look with your eyes not your fingers" type of guy

...so, I decided to create a custom collar out of foam-core that borders the outside edge tiles. Not only does it keep my nerves settled when the wife thunders about the board ... but it also makes it very easy to shift the layout about the table if need be, keeping all together.

BTW ... that's my daughter's hand ... she's a lot more gentle on my boardgames (thank goodness)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ravenskana wrote:
I received my copy and one of my tiles is a bit messed up.

Hey Jon. Really sorry about the scratched up board. I will get a replacement sent out first thing tomorrow.

My reasoning behind not making a jigsaw-like frame was because the shapes need to be perfect for them all to lock in together. It's just a unnecessary risk.

I've found that the board doesn't move around too much. Except when someone is it bit heavy-handed, like Rom suggested.

Nice photo Rom!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Shem. I could hav played with the board as is, but the art is very nice and it is a shame to have that gash on the board, so the replacement is appreciated.

I guessed right on your reasoning! We'll see how it handles in play with the kids. Maybe I'll figure out a creative soltuion too if it bothers me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.